import bookmarks - HELP!!
Posted by: ed
Date: April 18, 2010 05:23PM

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how can I import all bookmarks from Firefox? Thanks for any help.

Re: import bookmarks - HELP!!
Posted by: siria
Date: April 18, 2010 06:08PM

That depends: For Firefox2 bookmarks it was very easy, they could either be shared and used simultaneously, or copied and used separately:

Help > FAQ > netspace bookmarks brings you here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#bookmarks

Not sure but guess the "Netscape" bookmarks system was adopted for earlier Firefox versions, that's why it's still called that way, but at any rate this was valid for FF2.

But Firefox3 stores them differently. You can EXPORT them from Firefox "to html", and then you have the FF2 version again which you can use in K-Meleon.
No idea if FF allows in some option to work with their old system too

Posted by: jar
Date: April 19, 2010 09:29AM

Hello,

if you haven´t found a better way you can try this: "F2"- "Netscape bookmarks" and then change direction of "Netscape bookmarks file" to the Firefox folder to your bookmarsks file. That´s it.

Best regards,
jar

Posted by: axv
Date: May 16, 2010 02:42PM

Try:

Bookmarks | Edit...

Click "Import Favorites" button (No idea if with three or more browsers a select dialog is shown and how this works with non-IE browsers).
Then open the Imported Favorites folder and drag each item wherever you like.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 20, 2010 12:14PM

siria
That depends: For Firefox2 bookmarks it was very easy, they could either be shared and used simultaneously, or copied and used separately:

Help > FAQ > netspace bookmarks brings you here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#bookmarks

Not sure but guess the "Netscape" bookmarks system was adopted for earlier Firefox versions, that's why it's still called that way, but at any rate this was valid for FF2.

But Firefox3 stores them differently. You can EXPORT them from Firefox "to html", and then you have the FF2 version again which you can use in K-Meleon.
No idea if FF allows in some option to work with their old system too

siria,

I, for one, am sick and tired of all the sqlite stuff in the new Firefox.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.