Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
View Selection Source
Posted by: barzel
Date: August 04, 2010 11:10AM

In Firefox, you can make a selection, right click on it, and select "View Selection Source". Is there a way to do the same in K-meleon or even better have "Selection Source" copied to the clipboard?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: View Selection Source
Posted by: caktus
Date: August 04, 2010 07:28PM

barzel
In Firefox, you can make a selection, right click on it, and select "View Selection Source". Is there a way to do the same in K-meleon or even better have "Selection Source" copied to the clipboard?

You can select the entire code from View > Source Code and copy the desired code to the clip board then paste and edit.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 04, 2010 07:54PM

Feature not included in K-Meleon 1.5.4 or 1.6a4.
But could be possible implemented it with Macros or JavaScript.
Likely this feature can be included in final version 1.6.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 05, 2010 02:10PM

@ barzel

I assume that you wish to view the source without loading/viewing the page.

As desga2 said, that is not currently included in KM. I can try to make a macro to do this, but it will have to rely on an external download program like WGET.

Please let me know if my assumption above is correct and if you wish me to try this external download method.

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 05, 2010 03:10PM

No, JamesD,

as an example: if you highlight this very page's headline when loaded in FireFox and then apply "View Selection Source", a window opens with the title "DOM Source of Selection" and just this content:
<span class="PhorumTitleText PhorumLargeFont">
          <a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum
/list.php?4">K-Meleon Improvement requests</a>&nbsp;:&nbsp;
          K-Meleon Forum
        </span>

PS: I was delayed by a "word banned" warning again - this is so ridiculous that I'm going to open an extra thread.

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 03:11PM by SoerenB.

Date: August 05, 2010 05:30PM

JamesD thanks for the offer. As explained by SoerenB I'm looking for a way to get the html source of the highlighted part of the currently viewed web page. I found this page about "View Selection Source for Opera". The bookmarklet is to long for K-meleon but maybe the javascript code can be adapted to K-meleon. I hope some javascript expert could take a look at that code.

Thanks to all.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: August 05, 2010 06:51PM
Date: August 06, 2010 10:31AM

Wow disrupted, that was fast! And what's more important it works perfectly.
Thank you so much!

Posted by: Ian.M
Date: December 22, 2010 11:17AM

Hmm, SOMETHING smashed my NoScript whitelist when I tried this macro then hacked it to add it to the menu bar View menu.

Symptoms: Every whitelist entry ending '.com' got the 'com' removed!
Cure: Remove the macro, export the whitelist, in a text editor replace '.\n' with '.com\n' (\n is carriage return) and re-import it after deleting the existing entries.

If any other NoScript user is trying is, I suggest exporting your whitelist first!

Also, if the selection includes a link, it doesn't add 'View Source' to the context menu. :-(

YMMV

Ian

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.