Add a chosen Session to existing open tabs
Posted by: mhf
Date: August 27, 2010 11:57AM

This one might be impossible or very difficult : I often open KM (yes I close it sometimes) for a particular site or two (I don't use a home page) and then open one of my saved sessions which of course wipes out the open tabs - SO I was wondering about an option in Sessions where you could add a session to open tabs.

I think Sessions runs through a plugin ??? so any coding from my side is out of the question ...!

I'm quite aware that there are other ways to do this, e.g. open a session first then add the other tabs - but I don't always function like that... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 11:58AM by mhf.

Re: Add a chosen Session to existing open tabs
Posted by: SoerenB
Date: August 27, 2010 12:51PM

Hi, mhf,

that IS impossible with sessions, but you could try getting used to using Groups2 instead.
(keep the sessions.dll, though - it is needed for the "Undo last closed tab" feature.)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 27, 2010 02:29PM

I opened some time ago an improvement request (RFE) to this:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/bugs/viewbug.php?bugid=1075

Use Groups2 is a good solution for the moment.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: mhf
Date: August 27, 2010 06:18PM

Thanks SoerenB - I have more or less followed the recent discussions on Groups2 but never got round to trying it, I have now !

And desga it looks like I'm late again with my ideas, as usual, but tell me which way do you think it will go : direction Sessions or Groups2 or a mixture of the two ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 06:19PM by mhf.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 27, 2010 06:31PM

@ mhf

Groups2 is just a macro built by desga2 and I. Sessions is a part of KM. I do not think Groups2 will replace Sessions. They actually do things a little differently. Groups2 only loads the URLs in the tabs while Sessions completely restores your session.

Groups2 came about because of a request to load a groups of tabs while keeping the existing tabs.

I have both Sessions and Group2 running at the same time. I often wish to reload previous session and I can load a saved group while keeping my current tab or tabs. Best of both, I say.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 27, 2010 10:39PM

I'm agree with JamesD, Groups2 is a macro and already is a complicated code, I don't think that Groups2 can grow much more (add more features).
Sessions is a kplugin that can grow a lot, but it isn't developement enougth yet.
The Macro language have more limitations than C++ language used in kplugins.

Now you can use both or than you like more. If you ask me about the future, I think kplugins are the future.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 10:40PM by desga2.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 30, 2010 02:38AM

desga2
I'm agree with JamesD, Groups2 is a macro and already is a complicated code, I don't think that Groups2 can grow much more (add more features).
Sessions is a kplugin that can grow a lot, but it isn't developement enougth yet.
The Macro language have more limitations than C++ language used in kplugins.

Now you can use both or than you like more. If you ask me about the future, I think kplugins are the future.

desga2,

I agree that kplugins are the future, but for my uses, groups2 works better than sessions, so I guess I'd like to see a new sessions that works like gorups2. <g>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.