Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
To open all files from a favourites folder.
Posted by: Enaitz Jar
Date: October 04, 2005 06:21PM

Hello.

If in my I.E. favourites folder there's a subfolder with 2 or more files .url, Is it possible to open them all with a click?

It would be good an option to, maybe by a right mouse button click, be able to open all the pages from that folder in diferent layers at the same time, so you could be reading the first while the others are loading.

I have a folder in my browser called "Program Updates" with .url's leading to the pages of different programs (Kaspersky, Outpost, eMule, ...), and I check them from time to time but I only need a quick look to any of them to see if there's an update available, so It takes more time to find the .url in favourites than to check the page.

What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To open all files from a favourites folder.
Posted by: Dekan
Date: October 04, 2005 07:15PM

AFAIK this isn't possible from the Favorites or Bookmarks menus, but you could use the Groups function to get the same end result - a group of urls opening simultaneously in different layers.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 05, 2005 02:16AM

If in my I.E. favourites folder there's a subfolder with 2 or more files .url, Is it possible to open them all with a click?

Not with a click. For the Favorites plugin, you'll have to use the layer plugin dependent 'Groups' function. Open all of the URLs in that favorites subfolder in new layers and use the 'Save As Group' function.

For the Bookmarks & Hotlist plugins, it's a little easier. Go to 'Edit Bookmarks' select the subfolder and in the Nick: field, give it a nickname. You can open the subfolder by typing it's nick into the URL Bar and then pressing ENTER, or by using either of the 2 'Open Group' menu items under the 'Groups' menu.

If you really want a mouse-click option to open Groups, you'll have to go into your macros & menus files:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=20855&t=20853

Posted by: Enaitz Jar
Date: October 05, 2005 07:25AM

Thanks.

I now can save time by using the groups feature.

P.S. I have noted that K-Meleon differences between capital and normal letters ("A" & "a"). So, if your group uses capital letters you need to type it in capital letters to open it.

Date: October 05, 2005 07:49AM

Just wondering: if I want to remove a URL from one of my groups, it looks like I have to edit prefs.js - or is there an easier way?

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 05, 2005 09:39PM

is there an easier way?

I find it easier to just open the group, close the layer displaying the unwanted URL, then just 'Save As Group' again. :-)

Date: October 06, 2005 06:02AM

Aha! Thanks for the tip.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.