Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
"Accept session cookies" and other options
Posted by: 888
Date: August 29, 2006 06:59AM

I can't find session cookies option in KM 1.0
This is a serious feature missing IMHO, "Accept site cookies" or "Reject all/site cookies" ain't the same as accepting session cookies...

Also it would be nice to have some more options regarding accepted cookies (i.e. 'keep until expire' or 'keep for [enter number] of days', but thats not as important as handling of session cookies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Accept session cookies" and other options
Posted by: ra
Date: August 29, 2006 09:04PM

Mmh, when the cookie warning dialog pops up, you (should) have the choice between Allow, Allow For Session & Deny. The preferences are for s.th. else and there you can make the choice for which cookies you want to be prompted.

But I agree that the handling and options could still be better (although it's already better compared to previous versions).

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 30, 2006 04:39AM

AFAIK like ra says and cookie policies could be always also configured via about:config by the user in case that he wants to change something or missed to give correct answer to popup he mentioned

888 You probably need: network.cookie.cookieBehavior with value 3

and: Network.cookie.p3p with value of maybe dddddddd

further info can be googled via keywords and found via:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.cookie.p3p

I agree that a graphical interface would be nice - but IMHO has low priority.
Apart from that they increase the program volume and i do not know whether any here wants to spend time plus program volume for something that can be changed/set already.

Posted by: snuz2
Date: January 18, 2007 07:13AM

Using version 1.02, i was able to set a pref in about:config to 'alwaysacceptsession' cookies. just filter for it and toggle it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.