Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Search Engines
Posted by: David Pierce
Date: August 28, 2011 11:36PM

Hello gang,

I recently installed K-Meleon and noticed that the DuckDuckGo search engine was removed form the default list of providers. IIRC, DuckDuckGo was previously at one point included as an optional choice to the user.

Could a developer shine some light as to why it is no longer available and the rational behind the decision to have it removed?

Users can of course add it themselves but, consider this a request to have it be included once again by default as was the case in the past.

It really is a great, top quality general search engine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search Engines
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 29, 2011 01:42AM

@ David

I assume that you are using KM 1.5.4 version. I don't know why that engine was not provided. I can report that it is provided in the new KM 1.6.0 beta2 version.

Posted by: David Pierce
Date: August 29, 2011 02:07AM

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure why it's not listed in the older version either but, I shall update accordingly.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 29, 2011 01:24PM

David Pierce
Hello gang,

I recently installed K-Meleon and noticed that the DuckDuckGo search engine was removed form the default list of providers. IIRC, DuckDuckGo was previously at one point included as an optional choice to the user.

Could a developer shine some light as to why it is no longer available and the rational behind the decision to have it removed?

Users can of course add it themselves but, consider this a request to have it be included once again by default as was the case in the past.

It really is a great, top quality general search engine.

I do not think it was ever yet included.

Suggested reading: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,109849

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.