Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
auto-fill and password manager
Posted by: gulluwing
Date: September 20, 2011 09:23PM

today I discovered this good browser. I used firefox and avant browser but they suck too much memory from my old pc. With them I used a very useful applications: Roboform but with k-meleon it doesn't run.
Can you suggest me a plugin that auto-fills automatically (like roboform) all blank forms?I tried "autofillforms" but it doesn't complete all forms with one clik.
I need a password manager too, can you help me?
thanks a lot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: auto-fill and password manager
Posted by: jsnj
Date: September 21, 2011 12:39AM
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 21, 2011 10:49AM

gulluwing
With them I used a very useful applications: Roboform but with k-meleon it doesn't run.

Can you suggest me a plugin that auto-fills automatically (like roboform) all blank forms?I tried "autofillforms" but it doesn't complete all forms with one clik.
I need a password manager too, can you help me?

You need K-Meleon's Roboform adapter.

It is an extension for K-Meleon 1.1.x but You cannot use its old macro .kmm for 1.5.x.

I use Roboform with K-Meleon 1.5.3 for banking. So i suggest Roboform.
You have to start the adapter with a trick and have to set all up in a special way.

Details:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?0,search=roboform,author=guenter,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=0

If the adapter is not at one of the old download addresses.

Try here http://dhost.info/kmeleonskins/K-Ext110_Roboform.exe

But no warranties that the old archive still works or that You can still get it to work with latest Roboform versions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 11:38AM by guenter.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 21, 2011 01:46PM

jsnj
LastPass Lite

jsnj,

Still using cloud, eh? <VBG>

N

Date: September 21, 2011 10:30PM

ndebord
jsnj,

Delicious, LastPass and Dropbox. I actually run KM & FF from Dropbox. They're all very convenient for cross-platform and multi-PC use. Local backups of course.

Date: September 23, 2011 03:26AM

jsnj
ndebord
jsnj,

Delicious, LastPass and Dropbox. I actually run KM & FF from Dropbox. They're all very convenient for cross-platform and multi-PC use. Local backups of course.

jsnj,

Guess I'm more paranoid than you... dropped Facebook, LinkedIn and just joined Google + beccause of a friend (and may well drop that sooner rather than later).

Do use an online site for essential files that I 7z up (from a batch files that aggregates "stuff", encrypt and then upload, but that is about it. Tried KeePass, didn't like it. Tried PasswordSafe, liked it and use it for all that kind of stuff. Do use Google Docs, but not for anything personal, just biz.... <shrug>

How do you run KM and FF from Dropbox? Is it a virtual machine kind of thing?

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2011 03:27AM by ndebord.

Date: September 23, 2011 10:31PM

ndebord

Just install or extract KM into one of the folders in your Dropbox account and set your Profiles folder inside the installation folder by placing an empty profile.ini file there. For FF it's easier to use Portable FF, but it can also be done with the ProfileSwitcher extension.

Quote from their site:

"Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account. Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents."

Date: September 25, 2011 04:51PM

jsnj
ndebord

Just install or extract KM into one of the folders in your Dropbox account and set your Profiles folder inside the installation folder by placing an empty profile.ini file there. For FF it's easier to use Portable FF, but it can also be done with the ProfileSwitcher extension.

Quote from their site:

"Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account. Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date. All data is transferred over SSL and encrypted with AES-256 before storage. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents."

jsnj,

Nice find on your part. EFF likes Dropbox too. Tks.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.