Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
autocomplete problem
Posted by: wickedluca
Date: May 28, 2008 07:51AM

Heya guys,

New to K-meleon browser,having probs with autocomplete, when I visit a site or just search somethin on Google, cannot see what i searched previously..any help would be appriected.

Cheers

Luca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2008 04:36PM by wickedluca.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: autocomplete problem
Posted by: kko
Date: May 29, 2008 07:04AM

Open Edit > Advanced Preferences (hit F2). Select "History" under "Browsing". There is a section "URL Bar History". The default setting for locations that are added to the URL Bar History is "Typed URLs only". Though search queries are actually typed URLs, they are not added to the URL Bar History and, thus, they are not available for autocomplete. Change the setting to "Any visited location" in order to have them available.

Posted by: wickedluca
Date: May 29, 2008 07:34AM

Thanx for you help but that aint working at all still have same problem,and everytime i check a page it wont be listed there, I did check those settings before posr forum but still having probs here !!Even the Clear history button seem not work..This is a JOKE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 07:39AM by wickedluca.

Posted by: kko
Date: May 29, 2008 10:51AM

First of all, I have to correct myself. The type of locations that are added to the URL Bar History are not related to autocompletion in the URL Bar since that is using the global history. So, all sites you visit are available for autocompletion.

In km 1.1.5 the settings for the type of locations that are added to the URL Bar History are broken. The option "Typed URLs only" is the only one that is working. That's a bug. It's working correctly in km 1.5 beta.

Clearing history works for me (both global history and URL bar history). Also the find in history/autocomplete feature is working normally for me. You just can't use it to discover previously entered search queries. That is to say when you previously searched Google for <word> and you type <word> into the URL Bar, the find in history/autocomplete feature won't find anything - it seems to work with domain names only. Is it that what you're missing? Or does autocomplete not work at all for you? (Try it with "kmeleon".)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.