Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
could someone provide the 1.15beta2 with Chinese version?
Posted by: chinarobin
Date: June 30, 2008 02:21PM

I'm a new fan of official K-Meleon from China, i really fell in love with it right after using it for two days, although it is not so mature and needs improvement when compared to other browers.

i cannot wait to try the new beta2 version these days, i looked for it of Simplified Chinese but in vain, could somebody upload it if you have one?

Thanks a lot!

Chinarobin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 12:55PM by chinarobin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: could someone provide the 1.15beta2 of Chinese version?
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 30, 2008 05:45PM

Not all needs new translation - maybe You want to use old language files from 1.1.5. It will give You a largely "Simplified" K-Meleon beta. The beta fixes an old bug for big5 support. So it is worth trying.

BTW. I found K-Meleon when it was 0.6 - It still has the same qualities it concentrates on the basic surfing functionality. I do not think it lacks many things smiling smiley

p. s. Simplified translation is not finished - and maybe not yet started.
The development cycle is that while the Versions are beta they are en-US
(the developers speak other languages like: French, German, Spanish - they communicate about what they do and coordinate their work via the en-US version)

When no more work is done that alters strings that must be translated senior users and developers start to translate. Each for his own native language.

AFAIK Hao can write Chinese. He did both CCF and the first official translation.
He is only one man, that is why Chinese translation took long. If more Chinese PPL joined him - simplified translation would come faster.

Re: could someone provide the 1.15beta2 with Chinese version?
Posted by: chinarobin
Date: July 01, 2008 12:58AM

thank you for your detailed explanations!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 12:57PM by chinarobin.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.