Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Domain Name Mismatch warning
Posted by: barzel
Date: July 22, 2008 03:57PM

I recently switched from Maxthon to K-Meleon enjoying the speed and lightness of the latter.
The only annoying thing I found about K-Meleon is the inability to switch off warnings about Domain Name Mismatch. As a proxomitron user I receive said message every time I access a https site. I understand that this behavior is common to all gecko browsers but maybe in k-Meleon there is a way to workaround the issue through a macro.

I found a firefox addon named Remember Mismatched Domains that shows a possible approach. Is there a chance something similar could be implemented in K-meleon?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Domain Name Mismatch warning
Posted by: kko
Date: July 22, 2008 05:46PM

This certificate warning is security relevant. When you disable this warning, you will not notice when a site is identifying itself with an invalid certificate. No certificate warnings means no security.

The best solution is not using any proxy for SSL connections.

Re: Domain Name Mismatch warning
Posted by: barzel
Date: July 23, 2008 09:06AM

Well, Proxomitron pops-up its own certificate warning dialog if the SSL site's certificate has problems or can't be matched to one of the trusted certificates on file. So in this case browser's warning is not only misleading (cause it always checks Proxomitron own certificate instead of site's certificate) but also redundant. This is why I think that an option to switch off said warning will be useful.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.