Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
myallsearch.com on top bar
Posted by: Jecos
Date: February 19, 2012 05:57PM

Hi All,
just wondering if any of you can tell me how to add a new search engine on kninja, such as myallsearch.com? the sites helps me alot and for anyone also i guess.
be waiting any answer here or @ my mail adress.
thanx.

Options: ReplyQuote
scam
Posted by: scambuster
Date: February 29, 2012 10:37PM

I hope nobody clicked into that site with javascript enabled (or sent email), it's a fake search engine tied to widespread malware and the author has dropped messages like this in many places (search the first part of his email name to see for yourself). The domain in question is owned and operated by the same company as yapbrowser, search that keyword and understand it's one of the most infamous bits of malware ever. A whois lookup offers proof, or just append /yap.php to the domain in the original posting, though I strongly caution against directly visiting there at all). I hesitate to post links or mention names so as not to serve the scammers seo interests.

This topic needs to be deleted or the .com site reference in the title and message body needs to be edited out. Also, the posting was just an edited clone of this one: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,108527

Re: scam
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 14, 2012 01:45PM

scambuster
I hope nobody clicked into that site with javascript enabled (or sent email), it's a fake search engine tied to widespread malware and the author has dropped messages like this in many places (search the first part of his email name to see for yourself). The domain in question is owned and operated by the same company as yapbrowser, search that keyword and understand it's one of the most infamous bits of malware ever. A whois lookup offers proof, or just append /yap.php to the domain in the original posting, though I strongly caution against directly visiting there at all). I hesitate to post links or mention names so as not to serve the scammers seo interests.

This topic needs to be deleted or the .com site reference in the title and message body needs to be edited out. Also, the posting was just an edited clone of this one: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,108527

Thx. Just found Your warning today and deleted the bad code from the post.

You can point/remind me to such things by mail if I do not react in a day.

I check the forum daily. If such things are not removed right away i have overlooked something. I do not check all posts of posters known to me since I consider them legitimate. This also applies when they answer. Sorry for taking so long.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.