Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
features in my wish list
Posted by: RM
Date: July 23, 2008 01:26AM

I've been using KM for quite some time. Recently I downloaded and used Firefox 3.0. I was quite impressed with its url bar where once you start typing the bookmarks comeup. And the bookmarks are taggable. It will be quite nice if KM can incorporate this.

Another feature I would like is if KM can directly use the firefox addons. If this is not feasible, it will be nice if foxmarks and sxipper addons can be used with KM.

Thanks,

RM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: features in my wish list
Posted by: nik_f
Date: July 24, 2008 05:33PM

The Foxmarks add-on is great...I agree . It would be super if we could use it for K-Meleon also

Posted by: RM
Date: August 12, 2008 08:44AM

There were not many responses to my request. Anyway I solved one of my requirements. I added http://my.foxmarks.com/# as my Homepage, and put it as default page when K-Meleon opens. Additionally when I want to open the bookmarks, I just click on the Homepage button. And voila the Bookmarks open in a new tab.

I am giving this here, so others may be able to use foxmarks in K-Meleon. if someone has a better solution please reply.

Thanks,

RM

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 12, 2008 11:32AM

@ RM - Nice smiling smiley

p.s. SeaMonkey 2.x and thus K-Meleon will use Firefox/TBird/Xulrunner Toolkit.

So when we move to GRE 1.9.x many extension will become compatible for SeaMonkey and K-Meleon provided their authors want them to be compatible. Toolkit will also introduce extension installing features that check whether the extensions authors think their extension is compatible.

Currently two Firefox Extension Projects maintain compatible versions for K-Meleon. The reason is only partly that we chose not to have xpi installer service currently or that not all Addons are usable but IMHO mainly that it is extra work.

BTW. I get Firefox 3's live bookmarks of German news under: http://de.fxfeeds.mozilla.com/de/firefox/headlines.xml that I listed as feed in NewsFox. I got the address from Firefox 3de-DE bookmarks.html smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.