Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Ctrl A, and Ctrl L shortcuts and scroll wheel gestures
Posted by: stephen
Date: September 03, 2008 12:12AM

There are two things that are preventing me from using K-Meleon. They are keyboard shortcuts and scroll wheel gestures.

The two keyboard shortcuts that I miss are Ctrl A for select all in the address bar, the google dialog box and the find dialog box. I like being able to quickly press Ctrl A to select all and then typing something into the box. Right now I have to manually select all using my mouse then bring my hand back over to the keyboard to start typeing. Yeah its a small thing but it happens to me every time I do it.

The second shortcut is Ctrl L to automatically bring focus to the address bar so I can start typing without my hands moving away from the keyboard.

Opera, Firefox, and now Google Chrome have this default and I use it alot. IE7 does not do Ctrl L and it pisses me off.

I also use gestures a lot. As you can see I like to maximize the use of where my hands are. If my hands are on the keyboard I like to make it so that I can do everything from the keyboard. Same with the mouse. If my hand is on the mouse, I like to use gestures to take advantage of the mouse. One gesture I am missing is pressing right and then using the scroll wheel up or down. I use this in opera and firefox (extention) to scroll though tabs. I would like to see it in K-Meleon.

And while I am on that subject, how about a better GUI for editing gestures? Currently you cannot edit the rocker gestures (pressing right and clicking left, vice versa).

That is all. Other than that, amazing web browser. I do not like firefox cause its too bloated and uses up a lot of memory. Right now Im in between Opera and K-Meleon and would like to make the switch to K-Meleon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ctrl A, and Ctrl L shortcuts and scroll wheel gestures
Date: September 03, 2008 12:51AM

I was able to get Ctrl L working by editing the accel.cfg file and looking over the commands listed in http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/CommandIds

Turns out Ctrl L is already in use as a keyboard shortcut:
CTRL L =luamacro(quickgroupmenu)

I just changed it to:
CTRL L =ID_SELECT_URL

Now Ctrl L does exactly what I want it to do. Does anyone know what luamacro(quickgroupmenu) does? If its important I would like to map it to another keyboard shortcut but I need to know what it does.

And any chance of getting ctrl A to work? Right now it is set as:
CTRL A = ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL

You would thing that would be it but it only selects all text in the website. If the blinking cursor is in the location bar or find box or google search box it does not select all.

I also checked out the documentation on gestures. Like I said, you can change the rocker gestures using the config file (no gui access) but I could not find support for scroll wheel gestures.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 07, 2008 06:11PM

I reply your post about Mouse gestures.

But i think that you are using CCF ME version now.
(This is a CCF ME command: "CTRL L =luamacro(quickgroupmenu)")
This command show Group menu, i think. If you don't use Groups you not need it.

In K-Meleon we use the F6 key to select URL bar. You can use the ID command ID_SELECT_URL to do it with other keys like: CTRL A = ID_SELECT_URL

stephen
I also checked out the documentation on gestures. Like I said, you can change the rocker gestures using the config file (no gui access) but I could not find support for scroll wheel gestures.

CCF ME versions have a GUI to preferences, click in Preference toolbar button.
You can found a "Gestures" tab to setting Gestures, but scroll wheel not is implemented in GUI yet (I have last stable version available 0.085)

But you can found in \defaults\prefs\kmeleon.js file next preferences about Mouse wheel:
# Mouse wheel with control key: Zoom
pref("mousewheel.withcontrolkey.action",3);
# Mouse wheel with shift key: big scroll
pref("mousewheel.withshiftkey.action",1);

A mouse gesture is defined by default, with Right click and Scroll wheel Up go to top of page and with Scroll Down go to bottom of page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 09, 2008 12:41AM

Yes, I am using CCFME.

In kmeleon.js I see:
pref("mousewheel.withcontrolkey.action",3);
pref("mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines",false);
pref("mousewheel.withshiftkey.action",1);
#pref("mousewheel.withnokey.action",0);
pref("mousewheel.withnokey.numlines", 8);

What would I modify to make right click and scroll wheel up to go to next tab and right click and scroll wheel down to go to previous tab instead of the default action of scrolling up/down the page?

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 09, 2008 10:24AM

Sorry, i can't help you more about this because i haven't Hao's Mouse Gesture plugin sources.

You must tried to contact with Hao to ask this.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.