Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Yahoo Mail beta/Download manager integration
Posted by: Jon Feviedo
Date: October 08, 2007 01:53PM

Hello. I'm use K-Meleon mostly for my basic browsing habits, like watching streaming videos or researching articles, etc.

I'm here in this forum to present 2 major issues:

There seems to be a problem when I try to open Yahoo Mail beta. It says that K-Meleon does not support Yahoo Mail beta, and I frequently have to switch to Yahoo Mail classic just to read email. Is there any way that K-Meleon can support YM beta in its next release update??

Also, it would be quite helpful if K-Meleon has the ability to integrate with generic download manager softwares (like Free Download Manager, Orbit Downloader or DAP). Sometimes when I try downloading files from Depositfiles, the browser does not connect to the host server; I had to revert back to IE7 just to download the file.

I will be looking forward for these improvements. Please send me a reply email for any developments. Regards.

PS: Great open source app! Keep up the good work!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yahoo Mail beta/Download manager integration
Posted by: kko
Date: October 08, 2007 02:55PM

Jon Feviedo
There seems to be a problem when I try to open Yahoo Mail beta. It says that K-Meleon does not support Yahoo Mail beta, and I frequently have to switch to Yahoo Mail classic just to read email. Is there any way that K-Meleon can support YM beta in its next release update??

AFAIK the problem is that Yahoo! Mail beta doesn't support K-Meleon, not vice versa. Please open Tools > User Agent and check "Firefox 2.0.". Reload Yahoo! Mail beta and please report whether it works.

Jon Feviedo
Also, it would be quite helpful if K-Meleon has the ability to integrate with generic download manager softwares (like Free Download Manager, Orbit Downloader or DAP).

For download manager integration please see here.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 08, 2007 05:07PM

kko

AFAIK the problem is that Yahoo! Mail beta doesn't support K-Meleon, not vice versa. Please open Tools > User Agent and check "Firefox 2.0.". Reload Yahoo! Mail beta and please report whether it works.

Did not I send You a mail from there some weeks ago?
I would not use it if it required another browser smiling smiley

It works if Your spoof e. g. Firefox 2.0. I check my mail almost every day.
The script that sends You to that page that says we do not support Your browser is unprofessional. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2007 05:09PM by guenter.

Date: October 08, 2007 05:57PM

guenter
Did not I send You a mail from there some weeks ago?

Ah, yes, I remember. grinning smiley

guenter
It works if Your spoof e. g. Firefox 2.0. I check my mail almost every day.

Just to make sure (I need a clear answer to close a bug report): Does Yahoo! Mail beta work with the Firefox user agent string?

guenter
The script that sends You to that page that says we do not support Your browser is unprofessional. tongue sticking out smiley

Can you manage to send me a copy of that script?

Date: October 09, 2007 12:51AM

I can still get into and use Yahoo beta mail.

They have refined their script.
I had not noticed it before since I rarely change my settings.
After I had surfed with default User Agent I had some difficulties today.

User defined:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-AT; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4

not Firefox 2.0 lets You in without much other work.

You can also use:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

because Yahoo's minimum, required Firefox is: Firefox 2.0.0.1 or higher (for Mac and Windows)

Ours spoof string is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0

p. s. So their script did not get any wiser (which I first thought smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2007 01:24AM by guenter.

Posted by: nomarjr3
Date: October 09, 2007 03:39PM

Hey! This is Jon Feviedo. I can't seem to login with my previous account, so I had to make a new one just to post a reply. Thanks for the tips! Yahoo Mail beta is working like a charm now. I used the Seamonkey module instead of the Firefox one, since I believe that Seamonkey has a faster Gecko renderer than FF..but I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks again! Great web browser!

Posted by: nomarjr3
Date: October 09, 2007 03:42PM

The download integration pkugins do not have Free Download Manager. I hope that someone can make one, since I believe it is the best and fastest open source download manager available to date. Orbit Downloader is good, but not better than FDM!

Date: October 09, 2007 05:29PM

kko
Jon Feviedo

Yahoo! Mail Beta requires Firefox 2.0.0.1 or better. Unfortunately, choosing Tools > User Agent > Firefox 2.0 will make km 1.1 identify itself as Firefox 2.0.0.0. To make Yahoo! Mail Beta work in km, you can either set a custom user agent string (Tools > User Agent > Custom...) according to guenter's post above or you can follow my instructions there.

nomarjr3
Hey! This is Jon Feviedo. I can't seem to login with my previous account, so I had to make a new one just to post a reply.

You don't need an account in order to post!

nomarjr3
I used the Seamonkey module instead of the Firefox one, since I believe that Seamonkey has a faster Gecko renderer than FF..but I'm not sure.

I am sure: Making km identify itself as a different browser doesn't turn km into a different browser. grinning smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 11, 2007 04:56PM

nomarjr3
The download integration pkugins do not have Free Download Manager. I hope that someone can make one, since I believe it is the best and fastest open source download manager available to date. Orbit Downloader is good, but not better than FDM!

Already, there are a FDM integration with K-M that work fine (no macros extension are needed):
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ExternalApplications#downloads

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2007 05:08PM by desga2.

Posted by: zahra_mahavarpuor
Date: October 20, 2007 03:07PM

replace yahoo mail beta

Posted by: zahra_mahavarpuor
Date: October 20, 2007 03:09PM

chang yahoo mail with yahoo mail beta

Date: October 21, 2007 06:34PM

Hi zahra,

If You have the right user agent string You are automatically offered to use Yahoo beta mail. Warning - Yahoo beta mail is colorful and slow smiling smiley

Activate: View > Toolbars > Privacy Bar: right click on Privacy Bar > "User Agent", click Custom and insert:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8pre) Gecko/20071015 Firefox/2.0.0.7 Navigator/9.0

or

Firefox 2.0.0.8: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8

On my account this opens Yahoo Beta Mail for K-Meleon. Provided Yahoo mail server is up and You know Your account and password.

p. s. Yahoo Beta Mail programmers should go to the Gecko is Gecko page and afterwards do their homework instead of creating FAQs for K-Meleon Support Forums.

Posted by: hanem
Date: November 10, 2007 08:00AM

hallow
I am Hanem Khater, i do have a problem with my classic yahoo mail, it recieve mails but did not send anyone, I want to get an update of my yahoo or beta mail could you please send me the appropriate link for that

Date: November 11, 2007 12:37PM

Hi Hanem Khater - To write mail with old Yahoo mail You need active Java Script.
Any K-Meleon browser with default settings is capable to use old Yahoo web mail.
New Mail is offered to You when You use K-Meleon with the updated User Agent String.

Else You could use a new Firefox I do not know the needed settings an requirements for other browsers.

The link for old and new mail is the same for me http://mail.yahoo.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2007 12:45PM by guenter.

Posted by: garima
Date: March 04, 2008 08:50AM

when i open the yahoo mail its cuming that please reload ..............
i dont know how to reload it .please i request you to help me

Posted by: desga_2
Date: March 05, 2008 09:18PM

Please read the thread for instructions to how change User Agent string.

Posted by: Nguyen The Phong
Date: March 14, 2008 08:14AM

I miss my yahoo mail beta.

Posted by: parisa jalil babakandi
Date: March 29, 2008 11:23AM

laider ich habe keine yahoo mail

Posted by: Baptista
Date: April 16, 2008 04:54PM

This programs is not acept is download-
i want to download this programs_
cam you tall me wat i can do?

Posted by: talib
Date: June 06, 2008 08:54AM

i want mail beta

Date: June 11, 2008 08:15PM

@talib

Yahoo Mail beta is available if You choose user agent string = Firefox 2.0.0.8 or newer. See desgas_2 post above.

Posted by: morecoffeeplease
Date: September 01, 2008 01:33PM

nomarjr3
Orbit Downloader is good, but not better than FDM!
What? Why not compare apples and pears next!

FDM can't even handle media files that are located on servers other than http... such as rtmp! And it can't even just grab media content where hidden embedding techniques are used! It entirely depends on what you are downloading - Orbit is for ripping media content, at which it is the best application around. It is not intended to be a general download manger, which FDM is.

Date: September 01, 2008 02:07PM

Another specialized ripper video2mp3 by dvdvideosoft.eye rolling smiley

p.s. I also use Orbit - guess other PPL prefer a good general download manager.smiling smiley

Posted by: suggestion
Date: September 06, 2008 11:30AM

multiget.sf.net is a download manager open source, wxwidget gui though

Posted by: dan ros
Date: September 21, 2008 09:33AM

very correct

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.