Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Select-all command
Posted by: FrankSquirel
Date: June 18, 2012 02:13AM

Is there a way to select all of the text on the screen using the Ctrl-A command?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Select-all command
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 18, 2012 12:08PM

That is an interesting question. The documentation indicates that should work, but on my system I am getting everything selected. That is both text and pictures.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/CommandIDs
ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL
Select all text.

http://kmeleon.110mb.com/lizard/commands.html#l_defaccel
CTRL A ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL Select all text. This is commented, because Ctrl+A is a system keys shortcut.

I tried CTRL A in Notepad and that highlighed all there, but I only had text in Notepad.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: June 18, 2012 02:43PM

I found out that Ctrl-A only doesn't work for me when I use it in the search bar.

Date: June 18, 2012 05:25PM

I don't have a search bar. The CRTL A does not work in my URL bar but does work in the search field that is displayed when I click on the search button.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: June 18, 2012 05:30PM

Oh sorry, I meant to say URL Bar. I'm very used to using Ctrl-A to select my text when I type in the URL, so is there any way to enable it for the URL bar?

Date: June 18, 2012 07:59PM

This seems to work for me. Click with the mouse on some part of the page that is not a link. Move the cursor to the URL bar and click once. That highlights all the text in the URL bar.

JamesD

Posted by: rodocop
Date: June 20, 2012 09:44PM

Frank,

F6 selects all text in URLbar by default.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 17, 2012 10:23PM

Ooops, I replied a thread from June. Sorry so much.

Mine is F12 smiling smiley

The command that is activated is: ID_SELECT_URL

Highlights the URL bar text, and, by doing that, you can copy, edit, etc, etc, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2012 10:24PM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.