Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.71' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` Please always keep cookies in the text format no matter what firefox 3 does
Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing.  
Please always keep cookies in the text format no matter what firefox 3 does
Posted by: Anonymous
Date: April 04, 2009 08:16AM

Please always keep cookies in the text format no matter what firefox 3 does

So firefox 3 hid cookies in some encrypted horrible format, ruining a feature of its browser.

Thanksfully, K-Meleon has not done that yet. The cookies.txt file is a wonderful thing that allows me to back up cookies for certain websites, save them in a text file, import them, etc.

Please always keep the cookies.txt for K-Meleon.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please always keep cookies in the text format no matter what firefox 3 does
Posted by: caktus
Date: April 04, 2009 05:47PM

The cookies in KM seem somewhat encrypted and in no particular format. How do you make sense of it all? How can you tell what you want to backup and what you do not want to backup? I think it would be very helpful to know how to read and understand KM's cookie files.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 05, 2009 02:18AM

@ caktus

You can view the cookie's info within KM. Just go to EDIT - PREFERENCES - PRIVACY & SECURITY - GENERAL and look in the KEEP COOKIES box for a button called "Currently Stored Cookies". That brings up the "Cookie Viewer" window. You can see the list of cookies and if you highlight one, you can see the information it contains.

I have not tried to read the cookies.txt file. I don't know the format. It looks like everything is just strung together in one long string.

I use a program called "Cookie Monster" because it allows me to keep a specified set of cookies and deleted everything else on command.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 06, 2009 01:15PM

JamesD
@ caktus

You can view the cookie's info within KM. Just go to EDIT - PREFERENCES - PRIVACY & SECURITY - GENERAL and look in the KEEP COOKIES box for a button called "Currently Stored Cookies". That brings up the "Cookie Viewer" window. You can see the list of cookies and if you highlight one, you can see the information it contains.

I have not tried to read the cookies.txt file. I don't know the format. It looks like everything is just strung together in one long string.

I use a program called "Cookie Monster" because it allows me to keep a specified set of cookies and deleted everything else on command.

James,

I used to use Cookie Monster, but as I have moved from KM 1.0.2 to KM 1.5.2, Alain's Cookie Culler has become my choice.

I wonder about Cookies in future versions too. I'm not a coder, but it seems to that FF3 has made them too complicated.

P.S. And there is something a little weird imo about MozillaZine these days. The moderators have become defensive about just this issue and other major changes that came about in FF3. So much so, that I see them closing down threads whenever anyone complains about the "new feature" sets. Those who point to FF2 as better than FF3 are called "whiners" and if they persist in complaining the thread is history. I'd hate to think the MozillaZine moderators have become FF3 fanboys.

P.S. This thread talks about FF3 issues with cookies.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=905325&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=90

N

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2009 01:56PM by ndebord.

Date: April 08, 2009 11:01PM

@ JamesD; ndebord

Thanks Guy's.smiling smiley I will check out all these options.

Charlie

Date: April 08, 2009 11:18PM

@ JamesD

When I Google "Cookie Monster" all I get are
The Muppets. Can you give provide a link?

Thanks.

Also, with CookieCuller where do I put the K-Meleon1.1 Extension - CookieCuller.nsi:

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 11:50PM by caktus.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 09, 2009 07:01AM

You have downloaded the source of the extension, not the extension. (nsi file is the script to create the extension setup).

Just download the extension files (go down in, the page) and launch it to install.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 09, 2009 09:04AM

Dan Yamaoka is original author of the extension. It is one of the oldest K-Meleon XUL extensions. Thx to alain for the CookieCuller for K-Meleon installer & download space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 09:07AM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 09, 2009 11:38AM

@ caktus

Cookie Monster here http://www.ampsoft.net/

Date: April 09, 2009 12:13PM

JamesD
@ caktus

Cookie Monster here http://www.ampsoft.net/

Thank you, JamesD

Charlie

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_escape_string(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, null given in /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php:3888 Stack trace: #0 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3888): mysqli_escape_string(NULL, 'WebsiteMenu') #1 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3587): ewiki_database_mysql::GET('WebsiteMenu', 0) #2 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php(3850): ewiki_db::GET('WebsiteMenu', NULL) #3 /home/project-web/kmeleon/include/menu.inc.php(24): ewiki_database('GET', Array) #4 /tmp/tpl-kmeleon3-footer-e27cfd0d7ba81d2da26491d6f6114c48.php-stage2(23): include('/home/project-w...') #5 /tmp/tpl-kmeleon3-footer-e27cfd0d7ba81d2da26491d6f6114c48.php(7): include('/tmp/tpl-kmeleo...') #6 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/phorum-core-php78-compat/include/api/output.php(359): include('/tmp/tpl-kmeleo...') #7 /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/phorum-core-php78-compat/read.php(879): phorum_api_output(Array) #8 {main} thrown in /home/project-web/kmeleon/htdocs/erfurt-1.02b/ewiki.php on line 3888