Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
page title in title bar and find: "match whole word only"
Posted by: somebody
Date: May 31, 2009 01:17PM

Only the first letter of the page title is shown in the title bar. Is this a bug?

It would be nice to have a "match whole word only" option when using Find In Page (see IE).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: page title in title bar and find: "match whole word only"
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 31, 2009 05:53PM
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 31, 2009 06:00PM

For first, this problem is caused by old kplugins.
Are you updated K-Meleon overwriting it from an older version?
What K-Meleon version are you using?

Try to download the K-Meleon 7zip package of your version and uncompress it in a temp folder. Next delete your \K-Meleon\kplugins folder and copy this folder from the temp folder above with K-Meleon package files.

For second suggestion I don't see any difference between default K-Meleon "Find in Page" and IE Search in Page with "match whole word only" option.
Can you explain it with some example?

Thanks.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: somebody
Date: June 01, 2009 12:11AM

The page title problem seems to occur only after having opened a pdf file in the browser.

The "match whole word only" works as follows: Imagine that on one page both the words "exam" and "example" occur. I search for "exam" but do not want to get "example" as a hit.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 01, 2009 01:05PM

@ somebody

There is a trick that I use for whole word only searches. If I expect the word to be in text with a space before and after, then I include the spaces in the search. You can test in this thread by using "exam" in your find in page search field. This will not find example.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.