Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
improve tab closing
Posted by: vkc
Date: December 13, 2009 10:46AM

it would be nice to have a small cross button on the tabs to close the tabs

also i could not find how to lock the toolbars in a fixed place

bugyawning smileyn clicking clear history in view-history-clear -the history list does not disappear

ctrl+h does not offer any clear history option

in sessions no option of delete a seesion

are firefox add ons compatible with it

but still you have certain features better than others

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: improve tab closing
Posted by: siria
Date: December 13, 2009 11:54AM

Okay let's see... smiling smiley

vkc
1) it would be nice to have a small cross button on the tabs to close the tabs

2) also i could not find how to lock the toolbars in a fixed place

3) bugyawning smileyn clicking clear history in view-history-clear -the history list does not disappear

4) ctrl+h does not offer any clear history option

5) in sessions no option of delete a seesion

6) are firefox add ons compatible with it

7) but still you have certain features better than others

1) Sure there is, just not by default, only optional. Most people use a mouse-middle-click to close tabs, that leaves more space for the tab names and reduces the danger of accidentally clicking that cross smiling smiley
For enabling that cross anyway, click Edit/Configuration/Browser Configuration and look for or add:
browser.tabs.closeButtons (int.) set to 1
Or use the macro "Tab Close Button", that adds an on/off option when you right click a tab name:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm
I'd find it good to have that included in the next KM-version, since just about every second new user asks for it ;-P

2) View / Toolbars / Lock Toolbars

3) Won't try that, wanna keep my history grinning smiley

4) - Right-click on the history button to get more options
- Right-Click on a history entry to see the context menu with options
- For searching in history, just start typing... (alas searches only in first part of long names and addies) Click F3 to jump to next hit.

5) Sessions / Options...

6) Normally not. Many can be converted, but mostly it's not easy. Many already converted ones (as well als KM-original ones of course) can be found in the extensions centres: http://kmext.sf.net + http://extensions.geckozone.org/k-meleonen

7) Yep, I like it too grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 11:59AM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 13, 2009 12:01PM

vkc
it would be nice to have a small cross button on the tabs to close the tabs

also i could not find how to lock the toolbars in a fixed place

bugyawning smileyn clicking clear history in view-history-clear -the history list does not disappear

ctrl+h does not offer any clear history option

in sessions no option of delete a seesion

are firefox add ons compatible with it

but still you have certain features better than others

1.)http://two.xthost.info/kmupdate/CloseCross/How%20to%20get%20a%20close-cross%20on%20K-Meleon%20tabs.html
A FAQ.

2.)View -> Toolbars -> Lock Toolbars.

3.) ? No idea what You are telling me about history.

4.) Sessions -> Options They can be removed.

5.) No, Firefox extension are not usable. Unless the extension's maker chose to make that his extension is able to run with K-Meleon. Or a K-Meleon user here made it usable.

Firefox is another browser with a Graphical User Interfaces from XUL.
K-Meleon uses windows widgets for GUI. K-Meleon also has no Firefox XPI installer service. K-Meleon also uses another toolkit version, that of SeaMonkey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:05PM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 13, 2009 01:10PM

vkc
3) bugyawning smileyn clicking clear history in view-history-clear -the history list does not disappear

4) ctrl+h does not offer any clear history option

3) Are you refering to URL bar history? To clear URL bar history right click in "GO" toolbar button and in context menu select "Clear URL Bar History" option.
Also you can do it from menu Tools -> Privacy -> Clear Data -> "Clear URL Bar History".

4) No, you can't delete History items separately, but you can found some options to clear History in menu Tools -> Privacy -> Clear Data.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 01:11PM by desga2.

Posted by: borderLine
Date: December 28, 2009 06:25AM

siria
For enabling that cross anyway, click Edit/Configuration/Browser Configuration and look for or add:
browser.tabs.closeButtons (int.) set to 1

That works for me, but why isn't that included in that somewhat complicated, yet well thought out configuration dialog?

And how about having a New Tab button right aligned in the tab bar? Setting a separate tab with just New Tab in it and sliding it over to the right doesn't really work; it dances around if you change your screen resolution a lot like I do.

Also: that "or add" part should be emphasized. Although it took me about five to ten seconds of going "Duh...", others might not get it.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 28, 2009 01:24PM
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 28, 2009 02:50PM

borderline
And how about having a New Tab button right aligned in the tab bar? Setting a separate tab with just New Tab in it and sliding it over to the right doesn't really work; it dances around if you change your screen resolution a lot like I do.
Try EDIT - PREFERENCES - BROWING - TABBED BROWSING - TAB BAR and check the box which says "Attach tab buttons to tab bar".

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.