Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
no-close tabs
Posted by: mhf
Date: February 24, 2010 12:07PM

Not sure if this will interest many people and it may have already been suggested, but would it be possible to add an option with perhaps a check box in the tab context menu and even the main context menu where you could make it impossible to close a tab while the option is checked ?

I generally close tabs with a middle-button mouse click but sometimes...quite often...click on the wrong tab or change my mind when it's too late.

Any ideas ?
Thanks.

(Don't tell me to get glasses.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no-close tabs
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 24, 2010 05:54PM

like a lock tab option, that'd be quite nice to have especially with many tabs open but i don't think it's achievable with macro and needs to be done internally..perhaps a kplugin, hopefully dorian can implement

also check this tongue sticking out smiley
http://www.visionexpress.com/book-eye-test/

Posted by: mhf
Date: February 24, 2010 06:46PM

T h a n k s
dis
rup
ted

Posted by: siria
Date: February 24, 2010 06:55PM

I do that too sometimes, but then simply re-open it again with Undo-Last-Closed-Button (or with one of it's 3 menu entries) smiling smiley

Then again, perhaps you want to "protect" only certain tabs, but that sounds rather difficult... No idea if it would work to perhaps assign a custom macro to the middle button, would that only work on tabs context, or what would happen in the middle of a page???

IF that would work, you could change the URL-text for those tabs per right-clicking something in the context-menu, that click could add some text like (PROTECT:) in the beginning of the URL. Then when you middle-click on a tab, the new close-macro would always check the text in the URL bar first before sending the real close command... Perhaps it would also work with the title, but that is more touchy. But the big question remains, how about the right context, what would the middle-click do when and where.

Anyway, am not going to jump on that, perhaps anyone else who may need it himself ;-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 07:12PM by siria.

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 24, 2010 09:41PM

When this happend yoou can solved by differents ways. One of that is "Undo last closed" (Ctrl+Alt+Z) option on tab/tab bar context menu (right click).
Also you can found in forum ways to add an "Undo" button in toolbar to do it more easy if this mistake is frequent.

Other possible solution is search the closed web page in the History; View -> History or in History button in toolbar. If you typed the url you can search it in the URL bar history.

Another, if the middle click is the problem you can change the mouse behavior in Preferences; Right click in tab bar for context menu -> Tabs -> Options ... -> and in toolbar tab change the "Mouse control" options to use double click instead middle click to close tabs.

Any other solution, like macros, is not possible, only a kplugin or implementation directly in tab bar code.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.