unable to change background color of page
Posted by: upen
Date: February 20, 2014 04:35AM

Hello everybody, I am unable to change its background color to another color.If people can change its background page color to some darkish color.it will effect our eyes good .

Re: unable to change background color of page
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: February 20, 2014 07:28AM

You can disable the color, and in this case, the background is white.

Tools => Privacy => Block colors

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: siria
Date: February 20, 2014 09:10AM

Exists everything as additional extension somewhere. Was it greasemeleon or something? That can be used to make very detailed display changes for specific websites, and ready-made styles can be downloaded from the web. Personally I don't use it, but there are some threads about it in this forum.

Alternatively you can change colors by some native browser functions, if you know how to put it in css syntax:
Edit > Configuration > user defined stylesheet or adblocking stylesheet.
You can define something globally there for all websites or alternatively only for specific websites.

If you just want to change the background color of new empty tabs, and of websites that do not have any own background color defined, there is a browser preference already built-in:
Open the page "about:config" and filter for "background", then change this setting:
browser.display.background_color
Set the color to whatever you wish, using the color format RGB in hex code. #FFFFFF is white, #000000 is black, and there are a gazillion combinations in between. Some beige color for example is #FFEEBB.

Thinking about it, is this setting anywhere in the native menus or pref tabs?? If not, it would really make sense to add it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 04:52PM by siria.

Posted by: Upen
Date: February 23, 2014 09:36AM

THANK YOU SIRIA. YOU GAVE ME GOOD INFO.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.