Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.71' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` bookmark all tabs
Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing.  
bookmark all tabs
Posted by: bugmenot
Date: May 07, 2010 01:26AM

Well the other "bookmark all tabs" thread seemed to become something else entirely (i can't read German and web translators are not that good). So i ask again. Saving a "Session" is good in some situations, but not all. I would like to be able to save all tabs in a new (or not) folder, as well as open all links in a bookmark folder in separate tabs.

EDIT - spelling...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 05:26AM by bugmenot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bookmark all tabs
Posted by: jsnj
Date: May 07, 2010 05:02AM

bugmenot
...as well as open all links in a bookmark folder in separate tabs.

Bookmarks - Edit, Select the folder, Give it a nickname next to Nick:, type the nickname into the URL bar and press ENTER.

Posted by: bugmenot
Date: May 07, 2010 05:25AM

never thought of trying that.
thanks (again)

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: May 07, 2010 07:49AM

Hi, bugmenot,

maybe you want to help me testing the info I collected here?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 07, 2010 11:45AM

@ SoerenB

You might want to mention that sessions and groups also work with Favorites. I don't use bookmarks, so I cannot help with any testing there.

Thanks so much for putting all the information together. Thanks also to Sira.

Date: May 08, 2010 03:17PM

Thanks a lot, JamesD!

I just edited that post once again - only one question mark left:

Nicks:
[*] Plus: remembers arrangement of tabs (?)

-Because, as you, I don't use Bookmarks any more...
Anybody out there can help?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Posted by: bugmenot_
Date: May 09, 2010 02:53AM

good info, answered some of my questions. i am mostly interested in being able to "bookmark all" than "open all". i don't like the sessions, because i cannot change it without opening a session, re-arranging it, deleteing it, then saving it again. also, including all windows when saving and closing other windows when loading makes it aggravating to use.

i'll check out the groups2 macro. thanks for your suggestions

Date: May 10, 2010 08:15AM

Hi, bugmenot,

so you do use Bookmarks? Do you use nicks? Can you answer that? (, because I do not):

Nicks:
[*] Plus: remembers arrangement of tabs (?)
or should that be:
[*] Minus: opens tabs arranged by name (...or by what?)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: May 15, 2010 09:01AM

i use bookmarks (the toolbar). i haven't tried the groups2 extension yet. using a folder nickname, the tabs get opened in the order they are in the folder - top to bottom.

i am not too concerned with order of appearance. i tend to open several tabs related to a specific topic, then get bored or busy with something else. so i like to save all open documents, then come back later and view/remove them one by one. the sessions manager is annoying because you can't just open or remove one - its all or nothing. also, the sessions manager seems to open the pages from the cache without checking for newer versions. i have a "session" saved on the front page of several sites that require login/password. i have to open the session, then refresh each page individually to see the freshest content. i could replace that "session" with a folder of bookmarks, and come to think of it I will now, because with the nickname access, it would work a lot more nicely (for me). making a new folder and setting it as default, then Ctrl+D on each page isn't too much of a hassle. (but "add all to new folder..." would be sooooo much nicer lol)

it would be nice to be able to right click on the folders and "open all..." from the toolbar, but being able to right/middle click with different actions is pretty nice. i guess distinguishing between bookmarks and folders and popping up a little menu on folders with options like "open all..." "add all tabs here..." "add here..." "remove folder..." or something would be nice.

Date: May 15, 2010 09:04AM

btw -
the bookmarks manager allows you to arrange them in any order you want, so getting them in the "right" order is easy to setup.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 15, 2010 10:47AM

@ bugmenot_

Groups2 will allow you to open a set of URLs in addition to the already open ones. There is no session or history with the URLs. They open new. Any information with the already open tabs is not lost.

Date: May 15, 2010 11:57AM

Hi, bugmenot,

thanx a lot.

Just to get that right in my synopsis here: That order is a global setting for all bookmarks, isn't it? Or can it be handled for each subfolder separately?

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: May 15, 2010 06:41PM

you can arrange the order of the folders as well as the order of individual bookmarks in (or out of) each folder/subfolder.

i also experience strange behavior when right clicking on some folders in the toolbar. some of them do nothing, while others open single tabs from a link that is not in that particular folder. each folder that opens a tab always opens the same link (different links for each folder), but that link is stored in a separate folder. kinda weird.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon