Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Tab Link function - qucik drag
Posted by: newman
Date: July 19, 2010 12:42PM

In Firefox, its called quick drag/super drag/dragDeGo... what it basically is, it allows you to open link on a page by simply grabbing/dragging a link and throwing it on any empty area of the screen using the LEFT mouse button. This opens the link in a new backgroud tab.

I know something like this is possible using the right mouse button using mouse gestures. But this is more using friendly and intuitive than switching from the left mouse (to browse a webpage) and then use the right mouse (to open a page). I hope I have explained it properly. Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab Link function - qucik drag
Posted by: desga2
Date: July 20, 2010 07:49PM

This is possible in K-MeleonCCF ME version.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Matt
Date: July 20, 2010 08:24PM

newman
(...)it allows you to open link on a page by simply grabbing/dragging a link and throwing it on any empty area of the screen using the LEFT mouse button. This opens the link in a new backgroud tab.

Isn't mouse middle button more efficient? Or simply throw your link to the tabbar.

Date: July 20, 2010 11:25PM

Whhaaaaat?

There is another version K-MeleonCCF ME. I just downloaded it, this is insane. You guys are on weed. Thanks desga2. Matt you need to try this, really neat.

Throwing the link on the bar does also work but opening a link is a very basic operation and shouldn't require the use of another button. Using a browser should be like browsing naturally. I would rather use the left or middle buttons to do a more complex task. But these are just my thoughts and everyone to their own liking.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 20, 2010 11:29PM

You can also try whether CCF's Kplugin for mouse usage works with standard K-Meleon smiling smiley

It should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 11:31PM by guenter.

Date: July 21, 2010 02:56AM

Thanks guenter, I will try that.

K-MeleonCCF ME is nice esp the no-titlebar and the drag a hyperlink to open it but I feel that k-meleon standard is slightly more responsive, not sure why.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 21, 2010 04:13AM

guenter
You can also try whether CCF's Kplugin for mouse usage works with standard K-Meleon smiling smiley

It should.

Guenter,

What is the name of the kplugin mouse file?

Tks.

N

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: July 21, 2010 10:52AM

Hi,

@ndebord & newman:

I think you'll want to read You can change your 1.5 default mouse gesture plugin to Hao's mouse gesture plugin.
(Tested with CCF 0.8.5)

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: July 21, 2010 02:09PM

soerenb,

Thanks for the link. I see that Desga2 did not comment on whether or not Hao's macro was stable in KM 1.5.4... I like the possibilities, though to be totally honest, I'm perfectly OK with using a left click on my mouse to drag a url onto the main toolbar to open up something in background tabs... the additional function of being able to drag to the screen and have something open is just gravy on the potato to my mind. <g>

N

Posted by: jsnj
Date: July 21, 2010 09:43PM

newman
K-MeleonCCF ME is nice esp the no-titlebar....

That's available as an extension for the main KM on this page. Scroll to TS-wincontrols.

Date: July 27, 2010 03:16PM

thanks SorenB, ndebord and jsnj for your input. Hopefully they will add that functionality to the next release. Its one of those things that once you start using it you will realise that its so simple and basic.

ndebord, You said that when you "left click on my mouse to drag a url onto the main toolbar it opens in the background tab". For me it opens in the foreground tab, I don't know maybe there is a setting i am missing.

Date: July 28, 2010 01:52PM

newman
thanks SorenB, ndebord and jsnj for your input. Hopefully they will add that functionality to the next release. Its one of those things that once you start using it you will realise that its so simple and basic.

ndebord, You said that when you "left click on my mouse to drag a url onto the main toolbar it opens in the background tab". For me it opens in the foreground tab, I don't know maybe there is a setting i am missing.

newman,

Yes, you can change how tabs open from Preferences/Browsing

My bad. It does open into a foreground tab, but the previous tab stays alive on the toolbar. My mistake.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 03:25AM by ndebord.

Date: July 31, 2010 04:12PM

hey thanks for clearing that out ndebord. Yeah I wish it would give you the option to open the link in the background tab.

And yes the previous tab does stay open on the tab bar. smiling smiley

Date: August 02, 2010 02:21PM

newman
hey thanks for clearing that out ndebord. Yeah I wish it would give you the option to open the link in the background tab.

And yes the previous tab does stay open on the tab bar. smiling smiley

newman,

Yup, that would be nice. My personal preference for just about everything is to have it open in a background tab. <shrug>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.