Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
html5 audio tag in google translator
Posted by: Pedro Almeida
Date: January 22, 2015 12:40PM

Hi,

I am unable to listen to speech in google translator.

Can I solve this already by changing some settings in the browser? I have the last k-chameleon version.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: html5 audio tag in google translator
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 22, 2015 01:07PM
Posted by: Pedro Almeida
Date: January 22, 2015 01:56PM

Thanks a lot Guenter! Now i have to check how run the macro in K-meleon.

All the best

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 23, 2015 07:30PM

If you have the text of a macro module, then to make it available to K-Meleon you need to include the text in a file. Use any text editor that you wish and create an empty document. Paste the text of the macro module into the document.

The macro module text will usually begin with lines like this:
# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ----- google translate audio pronunciation fix

The last line in the macro module is usually like this:
$macroModules=$macroModules."gtranslateaudiofix;";

The name which you should use to save the macro module document is contained in the $macroModules string. In the case of the above example it is 'gtranslateaudiofix'. The document should be saved with a special extension which will make it a macro module. That extension is 'kmm'.

So in the case above the document would end up being named gtranslateaudiofix.kmm.

Be sure to select 'all types' when saving because if the editor you use automatically adds an extension it might end up as gtranslateaudiofix.kmm.txt. and that will not work.

Once you have your macro module saved, you must copy it to the 'macros' folder in you KM's root folder. As an alternate, you may copy the file to the 'macros' folder in your profile. Unless you have already created a macros folder in your profile, it would need to be created.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.