Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Remember option on certificate requests on1.6
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: January 20, 2011 09:50PM

Could be possible to change the option to be, by default, not checked?

I don't want the browser to remember... I perfer to do manually and more when I have more than 1 certificate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 10:02PM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remember option on certificate requests on1.6
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 22, 2011 12:10PM

Where is this option?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 22, 2011 03:46PM

A ver, en español, que así nos entendemos mejor, ya que sueles ser el más activo por aquí.

Desga, ¿usas el certificado digital de la FNMT? (el equivalente al DNI-e, pero sin necesidad de lector) o, da igual, ¿el DNI-e?

Bueno, si tú accedes a cualquier página que requiera un certificado (he dicho el DNI-e y el de la FNMT, porque son los nuestros, los españoles, y así nos entendemos mejor) te saldrá la ventana pidiendo el certificado (por ejemplo, la DGT), bien, pues cuando sale la ventana de petición de certificado, está marcada la opción de recordar SIEMPRE el mismo certificado (lo he puesto marcado en rojo) y es muy molesto que esté así, porque si tienes más de un certificado, como es mi caso, tienes que andar desmarcándola todas las veces.

Es como el caso de la ventana de petición de cookies, cuando lo tienes para preguntar, que siempre tienes que desmarcar el que recuerde la opción, porque siempre que inicias el navegador, vuelve a aparecer marcada. Pero al menos la de cookies, cada vez que te pregunta, no tienes que andar desmarcándola. Con el de certificados, cada vez que sale la ventana.

Que ya puestos, si se puede corregir la de las cookies, aunque esto, creo recordar, no se podía, pues... mejor winking smiley

Captura de la ventana, para que se entienda:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 03:47PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 30, 2011 02:05PM

Gracias por la explicación y por la imagen.
Veré que se puede hacer al respecto.

Saludos.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: December 06, 2011 09:07PM

And the fix (in some way, is sad to dig a lot for these things):

user_pref("security.remember_cert_checkbox_default_setting", false);

If JamesD is reading this, and consider this as default option for users (disable the checkbox to remember certificate by default), just include the above in your "defaults\profile\prefs.js" file for the releases you are making smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 09:07PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 06, 2011 09:33PM

I will add this to the root\defaults\pref\kmeleon.js file. It will be the last lines at the end of the file.

// Certificates
pref("security.remember_cert_checkbox_default_setting", false);

That does not exist in any other file as 'true', does it?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 06, 2011 09:56PM

What exists by default, where I found the pref, is inside embed.jar, in the file clientauthask.js.

If it resets on first run to true (the value set via that file) or Kmeleon.js, is beyond me. You have more knowledge on that smiling smiley

I think kmeleon.js would be enough (I didn't dig that file until now, hehe)

Date: December 07, 2011 12:00AM

@ JohnHell

Make the change that I posted and then start KM. See which way the checkbox is the first time you go there.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: December 07, 2011 01:16AM

It applies correctly and sets as default to false, and it isn't considered as user toggled pref smiling smiley (you know, bold pref)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 01:16AM by JohnHell.

Date: December 07, 2011 02:25AM

And that is the result that you wanted, right?

JamesD

Date: December 07, 2011 07:02PM

Yes smiling smiley

EDIT: long story winking smiley as I use 2 certificates for the same sites, it was annoying to uncheck the option of remember the certificates each time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 07:04PM by JohnHell.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.