Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Please split on/off-toolbar into two sections!
Posted by: Voltaire
Date: March 27, 2015 07:30AM

The button-on/off-toolbar is a really great thing; but it's so confusing that in the same toolbar several buttons are "twice"; and one of the buttons is for turning script, cookies etc. on and off, but the other is for clearing cookies, history etc.

Can you please split this button-bar into two separate bars; one with the on/off options, and the other with the clear options. And please change the design of both so that the look both slightly differend (round buttons/square buttons; full color/edge color; etc.).

The toolbar is also too long if you use it on a small screen. It is almost necessary to use a separate toolbar line. Two separate toolbars could be better positioned.

I would also suggest to fill the buttons with green color if the option is turned on, and with red color if turned off (or only with colored edge if turned off).

And please make also the option "ask" possible (with yellow color). That would be "ask for each cookie, script etc." ... and please provider also an button (not a tick-mark) in the ask-window to "skip asking for this page" (that is valid only once until the page is loaded – and not as microsoft does in the msie, where you have to go deep to turn on asking again; for that there is the button list).

Thank you for implementing that soon ... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 07:36AM by Voltaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please split on/off-toolbar into two sections!
Posted by: siria
Date: March 27, 2015 09:58AM

LOL! Quite a list grinning smiley
Won't become a default setting, but for yourself you can customize a lot.
Some things very easy (splitting bar, red-green background colors), others harder but feasable (yellow color needs macro), some near impossible (at least for me, like ask about each script etc.)

Or wait... aren't there some new "permission" macrocommands now in KM75...? Sure sounds promising, but have no experience with it and no online-KM75-machine to experiment what it does exactly :-/

But button-stuff all depends on which SKIN you use! If you switch skins, you're back on its own settings again.
So, which KM version and which skin exactly?
Would recommand to copy that skin folder and rename it to create your own version to play with.

And have you seen you can choose yourself which buttons to show and which not? Click
Edit > Configuration > Toolbars
If that gives an error, find the "toolbars.cfg" in the browser folder and COPY it into your current skin folder first.

@Dorian:
The main.kmm has gotten very long, perhaps it would make sense to split off the privbar-stuff as a separate kmm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 10:16AM by siria.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 27, 2015 11:52AM

IMHO it's impossible to tailor a browser so it can fit everyone's taste. The same applies for anything else.
One of the killer features of K-Meleon is that you can customize it at your like.
As you can see in the image below, the privacy bar is very short. Items I don't want to get displayed are commented out. There are only 4 buttons (for cookies, for animated GIFs, for proxy and for JavaScript). The buttons show only images. A right-click menu on the tools button gives me quick access for all other items of the privacy bar.

To customize K-Meleon you don't have to be an expert. All you need is to ask in the forum how to do it. So did I.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 27, 2015 01:35PM

Voltaire

The toolbar is also too long if ...

Thank you for implementing that soon ... smiling smiley

Is that so?

Nobody will implement that wish ... Far too many wishes to do.:O

But - the toolbars are in an editable file called toolbars.cfg.

You can alter it after Your liking. The how too is at the top of the file.

And this is how mine looks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 01:40PM by guenter.

Attachments: toolbars.gif (133.8 KB)  

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.