Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Sidebar
Posted by: PerryHotter
Date: September 01, 2015 03:34PM

I am just testing -Meleon 75 . Like in the versions before I am missing a sidebar for bookmarks and favorites.I am working with bookmarks all the time and my arm will thank it if I have to click only once instaead of twice.smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sidebar
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 01, 2015 08:33PM

I don't remember that we ever had a sidebar, but both the Favorites and Bookmarks plugins allow for a bar.

Look in EDIT > PREFERENCES (f2) > K-MELEON PLUGINS for Netscape Bookmarks or IE Favorites. The options to set up a bar are located there.

Date: September 02, 2015 05:45AM

I meant I missed it in the versions before too.The favorite bar in the plugins is not exactly what I meant. I meant a sidebar like in mozilla or IE .

Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 02, 2015 08:26AM

K-Meleon had the sidebar support before version 1.5.
Later it was deprecated.

Date: September 02, 2015 08:29AM

What about OpenSplit by siria?

It can be used as pseudo-sidebar for bookmarks file.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 02, 2015 09:40AM

Hey cool that someone knows that macro grinning smiley
But am afraid in that case it's not really going to help him :-/

Are you sure there was a true sidebar before KM1.5?? Am not sure, that was before my active forum time, but thought having read later that sidebars just aren't possible in KM.
But who knows, with KM progressing so fast at the moment, perhaps there's a chance in the future...

Date: September 02, 2015 02:09PM

I try to post a second item but I get said its a hack attempt. How can I avoid this ?

Date: September 02, 2015 05:01PM

Official changelog says that Sidebar API was introduced in KM 1.0.

There are even an instruction to add sidebar to menu, but it doesn't add sidebar itself.

Hao Jiang made some builds with working sidebar for bookmarks but all links are dead...

Posted by: siria
Date: September 02, 2015 05:56PM

PerryHotter
I try to post a second item but I get said its a hack attempt. How can I avoid this ?

Happens all the time when starting to write a post and then toggling cookies off before sending. The post still knows "I am logged in" but the forum says "no way there's no cookie, something's fishy" ;-) Or something along those lines...

Posted by: Bernhard Germany
Date: January 24, 2016 05:39PM

I search a bookmarks-sidebar too. Could anyone solve this problem? The missing sidebar is the reason, that i cannot use k-meleon as my previous used opera 12.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.