Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Super Drag
Posted by: Rosner
Date: November 12, 2015 06:37PM

Hola!

La función de Drag and Go con click izquierdo en los enlaces es una de las que más utilizo. Este navegador es excelente, pero no tiene la función que antes he mencionado. Quisiera solicitar si por favor hay alguien que la pueda agregar ya sea mediante extensión o plugin, sería genial.

Muchas gracias por su apoyo.

(By G**Gle):
Hello!

The Drag & Go with left click on the links is one of the most I use. This browser is great but does not have the function I mentioned earlier. I would ask if there please someone who can add either by extension or plugin, that would be great.

Many thanks for your support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Super Drag
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 13, 2015 12:42PM

I am not sure that I understand super drag, but you can left click a link and drag it to an existing tab. When you first move the link, the symbol for 'not allowed' shows but if you ignore that and drag the symbol to an existing tab it will change the symbol to a 'shortcut' symbol. Drop the link on the tab and it will load.

This will work for an existing tab in another existing window also.

Date: November 13, 2015 09:32PM

The motto says, "The browser you control". Who am I to argue?

The "dragTarget" macro and icons allow a user to left click and drag a link to the appropriate icon where the user should release the left button and click again on the button to have the link opened in a new tab or a new window. Ignore the circle with a line symbol. This will work.
The new tab icon is on the left and the new window icon is on the right in the new toolbar.

It is not super drag, but it is close.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/dragTarget.7z

Posted by: siria
Date: November 13, 2015 10:09PM

Whow... that works? You can drag a link unto a toolbar button in KM?? Crazy, now that's an idea, would never have guessed that! grinning smiley

(sig) New unofficial K-Meleon 76.4 (KMG76.4) available, in own subforum.
Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016
K-Meleon FAQ (link missing in forum sidebar)
Tips&Tricks - Learning new stuff every day
New to K-Meleon? What do you like? What not?

Date: November 14, 2015 12:34AM

siria
Whow... that works? You can drag a link unto a toolbar button in KM??

Not quite. What the user does here is left click and drag the link to the button. Once there, instead of just dropping the link on the button the user is to release the mouse button and then click on the toolbar button. It is actually a 'select and click' operation. It is, however, all done with the left mouse button.

I have tried text links and image links and both work well.

Since we can drag and drop to an existing tab natively and now select and click for open in a new tab or open in a new window, is there something else that super drag does that I need to know about?

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 14, 2015 10:01AM

That is an old maybe now unsurported plugin for K-Meleon.

https://www.google.de/search?client=kmeleon&num=100&q=super%20drag%20plugin%20for%20K-Meleon

You can try to follow the old links. When You find & try it plz out do not forget that it needs older runtimes that must be present on Your system or in the K-Meleon folder.

AFAIR it is a gestures kplugin with 7 or more times normal size - possibly for download with CCF http://sourceforge.net/projects/k-meleonccfme/?source=typ_redirect

Maybe the function is also included in the 1.6 gesture kplugin on http://kmext.sourceforge.net/kplug.htm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2015 10:35AM by guenter.

Date: November 14, 2015 05:05PM

guenter

I installed the gesturesplus2 on a copy of KM 76 but I have never used gestures so I have no idea how to test it.

I am working on some improvements to dragTarget.kmm. I have added tooltips and menu with a user's guide and I have translations nearly done. While working on the translations, I noticed that in Russian the first and second line of the user's guide translate equal. I wonder if my second instruction is really needed.

I am going to post the code here and my stuff for the kml files also.

dragTarget.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)
#
# File name: dragTarget.kmm
#
# ---------- Provide targets onto which selected links may be dragged.           --
# ---------- A simple drop of the link will not work.  The user must release and --
# ---------- then click the destination icon - new tab or new window.            --
#
# Dependencies        : main.kmm 
# Resources           : command ids "openLinkInNewTab" and "openLinkInNewWindow"
#                     : images "newTab.png" and "newWindow.png"
# Preferences         : -
# Version             : 0.7 2015-11-14 
# Author              : JamesD   
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_dragTarget_BuildMenu {
setmenu("DtARG", macro, "&User's Guide", _dragTarget_Instructions, 0);  
}

_dragTarget_Instructions {
$__dt_words = _("Drag a link to the toolbar button.");
$__dt_words = $__dt_words . "\n\n" . _("Drop the link on the toolbar button.");
$__dt_words = $__dt_words . "\n\n" . _("Click the toolbar button to open the link."); 
alert($__dt_words);
}

_dragTarget_buttons {
   addtoolbar("targets") ;
   addbutton("targets", "openLinkInNewTab", "DtARG", _("Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options."));
   setcmdicon("openLinkInNewTab", "newTab.png" );
   addbutton("targets", "openLinkInNewWindow", "DtARG", _("Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options."));
   setcmdicon("openLinkInNewWindow", "newWindow.png" );   
}  

#--------------------------------------------------
$OnInit=$OnInit."_dragTarget_buttons;_dragTarget_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."dragTarget;";

My proposed code for the kml files:

fr

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Ouvrir dans un Nouvel &Onglet. Clic-Droit pour plus d'options.
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Ouvrir dans une Nouvelle &Fenêtre. Clic-Droit pour plus d'options. 
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Faites glisser un lien vers le bouton de barre d'outils.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Déposez le lien sur le bouton de barre d'outils.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=Cliquez sur le bouton de barre d'outils pour ouvrir le lien.

de

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Öffnen in neuem &Tab. Für mehr Optionen rechts-klicken.
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Öffnen in &neuem Fenster. Für mehr Optionen rechts-klicken.
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Ziehen Sie Link Button auf der Symbolleiste.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Lassen Sie die Verbindung auf die Symbolleisten-Schaltfläche.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=Klicken Sie auf Symbolleiste, um den Link zu öffnen.

es-ES

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Abrir en &nueva pestaña. Botón derecho para más opciones. 
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Abrir en &ventana nueva. Botón derecho para más opciones. 
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Arrastra un enlace con el botón de la barra de herramientas.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Soltar el enlace en el botón de la barra de herramientas.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=Haga clic en el botón de la barra de herramientas para abrir el enlace.

ru

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Открыть в &новой вкладке. Чтобы открыть меню, нажмите правую кнопку мыши. 
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Открыть в новом о&кне. Чтобы открыть меню, нажмите правую кнопку мыши.
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Перетащите ссылку на кнопке панели инструментов.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Перетащите ссылку на кнопке панели инструментов.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=Нажмите кнопку панели инструментов, чтобы открыть ссылку.

zh-CN

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=在新标签打开(&W)。右键查看更多选项。
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=在新窗口打开(&N)。右键查看更多选项。
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=将链接拖动到工具栏按钮。
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=放在工具栏按钮上的链接。
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=单击工具栏按钮,以打开该链接。

Date: November 15, 2015 12:48AM

Hola.

Me gustaría usar Super Drag y que funcionara con en los vídeos, funciona hasta en Internet Explorer.

¿Se puede?

Gracias.

(By Google)
Hello.
I want to use Super Drag (Drag and Go) and operate as in the videos, works up in Internet Explorer.
Is this possible ?
Thanks.

In Chromium: https://youtu.be/-ryCVDp304M
In Firefox: https://youtu.be/ltSP2umEY78
In Internet Explorer: https://youtu.be/NFqk-K-lsc0

Date: November 15, 2015 09:56AM

Please consider adding a link to this thread for later reference, perhaps simply a line near "Author"...
I find included forum-links important, especially for people who get a macro from kmext (no pics, no guide, no link to origin) or even passed on by a direct zip-file, to install a macro nearly "blind". In some of my bigger macros with detailed instructions, screenshots and tips in the forum, or for which some people might need support, I even create a link in the options menu. To be found easier, suspecting that only advanced users even get the idea to take a look inside the kmm.

de
Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Link in neuem Tab öffnen. Rechts-Klick zeigt Optionen.
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Link in neuem Fenster öffnen. Rechts-Klick zeigt Optionen.
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Link mit gedrückter linker Maustaste auf Schaltfläche ziehen.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Dort loslassen und Schaltfläche anklicken.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=

I took the liberty and translated lines 3-5 a bit shorter, translating back it would literally be:
Drag a link with pressed left mouse button unto button
Release there and click on button.

Based on Goanna engine, called 'test' builds forever but more stable as 75.1 acc. forum members. It's 1-2 generations ahead of predecessor KM76RC-2016

Date: November 15, 2015 12:47PM

@Rosner
Thanks for the selfmade videos, that helps to understand smiling smiley

But us little macro-writers in the forum can only create very simple menus, with little icons on the left side and commands on the right, not such "free" layouts.
To create such complicated addons, there is almost no one here who could, except Dorian, but who works already very hard for the "general" KM-version.

With KM-macros we can only influence what happens when clicking the middle-button or the right-button, or DRAGGING the right-button. The prob is, you only accept the LEFT button.

In the long run it will probably not make you happy to insist having everything *exactly* like in Firefox. You see, there are countries where cars drive on the left side of the street, and countries where cars drive on the right side. Now you changed countries, but still want to keep your habit of sitting in the same position in the car and driving on the same side of the street. And that will only make things worse. Almost all people arriving from other browsers think this way, but it's just habit.
Why not even try to adjust a little to local customs, and make things partly easier for yourself?
Often it's not harder, only different:

In K-Meleon, to open links in background, most of us simply middle-click (as in Firefox too).
To search for selected text in a search engine, simply hit the "Search" button.
To use another search-engine, right-click on the search button.
To open selected text as a web page, simply hit the "Go" button.
Or right-click on the "Go" button to see more options.

You can customize a lot, for example the general setting if middle-clicked links shall open in foreground or background. For the few uses when you want it different, most of us find it bearable to click the other tab manually.

Yes, the mouse has a longer way up to the Search-button and Go-button, but alternatively you can enable mouse-gestures and use the RIGHT button for dragging, that makes the way ultrashort again :cool:
You can can customize yourself all sorts of actions for dragging the right mouse button, in F2>Mouse Gestures:
For example when I want to close a page, I right-click and drag a tiny bit up left. To reload a page, I right-click and drag a tiny bit right. To open a link in a NEW tab, I right-click and drag a tiny bit up. To save a link or image, I right-click and drag a tiny bit right down. Or hold the Shift-button down for alternative actions.

Some things are very simple to customize, others more complicated but feasable.
What macros can do for you, is to create little new menus that pop up when middle-click, or RIGHT-click and drag. You can have different actions for different directions, up, down, left etc.

A few years ago I actually made a macro that automatically adjusts the actions for mouse-gestures, depending if the mouse was hovering over a link or a selection or image or nothing. But at the time I ran into problems if there was an image and link at the same time, and got stuck, which one should have priority?? That made the whole thing very complicated and the macro never was finished and published, only enough for own use. Meanwhile I have "discovered" the possibility to create tiny popup-menus and love it. Some day might start working on it again, but at the moment already too busy with lots of other stuff :-/

@JohnH: feel free to improve the goggletranslation if hard to understand ;-)

---------------

@Rosner
Gracias por los videos selfmade, que ayuda a entender smiling smiley

Pero nosotros los pequeños macro-escritores en el foro sólo pueden crear menús muy sencillos, con pequeños iconos en la parte izquierda y los comandos a la derecha, no a esos diseños "libres".
Para crear este tipo de complementos complicados, casi no hay nadie aquí que pudo, excepto Dorian, pero que ya trabaja muy duro para el KM-versión "general".

Con KM-macros sólo podemos influir en lo que sucede cuando se hace clic el botón central o el botón derecho, o arrastrando el botón derecho. El prob es, sólo se acepta el botón izquierdo.

A largo plazo, probablemente no te hará feliz a insistir en tener todo * exactamente * como en Firefox. Usted ve, hay países donde los coches circulan por el lado izquierdo de la calle, y los países donde los coches circulan por el lado derecho. Ahora ha cambiado países, pero todavía quiere mantener su hábito de sentarse en la misma posición en el coche y conducir en el mismo lado de la calle. Y eso sólo empeorará las cosas. Casi todas las personas que llegan de otros navegadores piensan de esta manera, pero es sólo el hábito.
¿Por qué ni siquiera tratar de ajustar un poco a las costumbres locales, y hacer las cosas más fáciles en parte por sí mismo?
A menudo no es difícil, sólo es diferente:

En K-Meleon, para abrir enlaces en segundo plano, la mayoría de nosotros simplemente botón central del ratón (como en Firefox también).
Para buscar texto seleccionado en un motor de búsqueda, simplemente pulse el botón "Buscar".
Para usar otro motor de búsqueda, haga clic en el botón de búsqueda.
Para abrir el texto seleccionado como una página web, sólo tienes que presionar el botón "Go".
O haga clic en el botón "Ir" para ver más opciones.

Puede personalizar mucho, por ejemplo, la configuración general, si los enlaces medio-clic se abrirá en primer o segundo plano. Para los pocos usos cuando quieras diferente, la mayoría de nosotros nos resulta soportable para hacer clic en la otra pestaña manualmente.

Sí, el ratón tiene un largo camino hasta el botón de búsqueda y Go-botón, pero también, puede permitir de ratón gestos y utilizar el botón DERECHA para arrastrar, que hace que el camino ultracorta nuevo :cool:

Puede Puede personalizar ti mismo todo tipo de acciones para arrastrar el botón derecho del ratón, en F2> Mouse Gestures:
Por ejemplo cuando quiero cerrar una página, que haga clic y arrastre un poquito arriba izquierda. Para volver a cargar una página, que haga clic y arrastre un poquito derecha. Para abrir un enlace en una nueva pestaña, que haga clic y arrastre un poco hacia arriba. Para guardar un enlace o imagen, que haga clic y arrastre un poco a la derecha hacia abajo. O mantenga pulsado el botón Shift para acciones alternativas.

Algunas cosas son muy fáciles de personalizar, otros más complicado pero factible.
Qué macros puede hacer por ti, es la creación de pequeños nuevos menús que aparecen cuando medianos clic, o haga clic y arrastre. Usted puede tener diferentes acciones para diferentes direcciones, arriba, abajo, izquierda, etc.

Hace unos años que en realidad hizo una macro que ajusta automáticamente las acciones de ratón-gestos, dependiendo si el ratón se movía sobre un enlace o una selección o una imagen o nada. Pero a la vez me encontré con problemas si había una imagen y un enlace al mismo tiempo, y quedé atrapado, que uno debe tener prioridad ?? Eso hizo que todo el asunto muy complicado y la macro nunca fue terminado y publicado, sólo lo suficiente para su uso propio. Mientras tanto he "descubierto" la posibilidad de crear pequeñas popup-menús y me encanta. Algunos días puede empezar a trabajar en ella de nuevo, pero por el momento ya demasiado ocupado con un montón de otras cosas :-/

Date: November 15, 2015 02:28PM

@Rosner

I have never used the gestures.dll plugin before. I have no expertise in that area. The dragTarget macro is as close to your request as I can get.

Date: November 15, 2015 05:27PM

I have updated dragTarget with instructions and translations.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/dragTarget.7z

@ siria

I did not get your translation changes put in yet. Maybe at next update.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 15, 2015 05:33PM

@Siria, is understandable. It is easier to translate condensed languages (like english or japanese) to rich languages (like german or spanish) than vice-versa, even may look gibberish, and automated online translators often do a good work.

Tiny Change:

JamesD
es-ES

Open In Ne&w Tab. Right-click for more options.=Abrir en &nueva pestaña. Botón derecho para más opciones. 
Open In &New Window. Right-click for more options.=Abrir en &ventana nueva. Botón derecho para más opciones. 
Drag a link to the toolbar button.=Arrastra un enlace al botón de la barra de herramientas.
Drop the link on the toolbar button.=Soltar el enlace en el botón de la barra de herramientas.
Click the toolbar button to open the link.=Haga clic en el botón de la barra de herramientas para abrir el enlace.

Late correction, our posts crossed in time winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 05:40PM by JohnHell.

Date: November 15, 2015 06:26PM

JohnHell
@Siria, is understandable. It is easier to translate condensed languages (like english or japanese) to rich languages (like german or spanish) than vice-versa, even may look gibberish, and automated online translators often do a good work.

Don't know about spanish, but english->german often is a pure disaster with automatic translations. For example lines 1+2 above are okay by google, but 3-5 are nonsense. Just for fun let me translate it back for you:
"Drag link button unto toolbar."
"Leave the connection upon the toolbar-button."
"Click onto toolbar to open the link."

I think it has to do with how elaborated their software is, and obviously german was not on top of their priority list. Most parts are okay, but others parts are a pure lottery if something is understandable at all, in the worst cases you can only pick some words and try to put a puzzle together - and sometimes even failing with that. Also had some hysterical laughs already when something was too funny and gave a completely different sense grinning smiley

But for example russian->english sounds often almost perfect!
No idea how complicated russian grammar is, perhaps it's a simple language too, or perhaps the american translators spent extra care to understand them... (suspect the latter)
Nice if spanish belongs to the better translated ones too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 06:33PM by siria.

Date: November 15, 2015 07:39PM

ALL HERE IS OFF-TOPIC

siria
Nice if spanish belongs to the better translated ones too smiling smiley

I wouldn't say that hehe (I can't compare with, for example, german), just understandable.

If we go for grammar... all translations might be jokes.

Just a very off-topic question. I'm curious, how did you translate the original thread?, because, at least in english, the translation is quite good and you said was so confusing.

As an advice, if you understand english (and you do winking smiley) forget the direct translations, go for english, but for any language. Most translators looks like only are interested from english and to english.

I do myself when translating from german to spanish, I prefer to english. Sometimes has more sense, if the translation ever has one...

This is as artificial intelligence. I bet I won't see a functional IA or automated translation in life. I still find translations at the level of Power Translator 15 years ago.

It is a lost battle.

Date: November 15, 2015 07:58PM

JohnHell
if you understand english (and you do winking smiley) forget the direct translations, go for english, but for any language. Most translators looks like only are interested from english and to english.
I do myself when translating from german to spanish, I prefer to english. Sometimes has more sense, if the translation ever has one...

LOL! Guess what I do too? grinning smiley grinning smiley For the very same reasons. Translations into english are a lot better and easier to understand as robot-german, they are almost perfect. Although IMO it has already gotten a lot better compared to babelfish ages ago. "Most" parts are now somewhere between "quite good" and "can guess what they mean", but not all yet.

Date: November 18, 2015 05:14AM

Zero.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 02:05AM by Rosner.

Posted by: lczlcz
Date: December 26, 2015 06:27AM

Hi, I just started using k-meleon today and it is a light and fast one.
Regarding this superdrag, I can't live without it.

I resolved this issue as below,you can google and there is an answer for it:
there is a k-meleon CCF version and you can download it. Find the gesture.dll and extract to replace the current gesture.dll. Then put those lines text in pres.js file after you close k-meleon program:
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.drag", 0);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.idrag", 1);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.links", 0);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.load", true);
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.gestures.rdrag", 0);

I don't know what exactly it does but after that superdrag works for me perfectly.

Date: December 26, 2015 06:28AM

Oh, forget one thing: you need to enable gesture plug-in in K-meleon to let the superdrag work, of course.

Date: December 26, 2015 05:06PM

Dorian already added a "SuperDrag" to the current 76 beta 3 development version:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,136880

Test it and report if needed.

Date: December 26, 2015 06:27PM

And just curious, if anyone might explain me what it does exactly?
So far this CCF plugin only seems to show a visible trail (which drives me crazy and has no function), but assume there must be more to it - just what am I missing?? And how does it work?

Date: December 26, 2015 10:09PM

I'm not the right person to answer. The first time I heard about this was by Rosner and I can't test latests K-meleon versions:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/super-drag/

Date: December 27, 2015 01:45AM

Yes, this is a wonderful function - there are some other usage of this superdrag but basically I only use it for one function: drag a link and let it open in a new tab at background.

Example: suppose you go to a news website and there are a bunch of news you would like to read. You just drag those news links toward right a little bit and then release the button so it can open at a new tab at background. After that you can read them one by one, comment or close, up to you.

In this forum, I will drag some threads and then read them one by one, instead of click to read one and come back.

Note that this is left button drag and it's much faster than using the right button. Firefox has multiple add ons for this function and Chrome also has an add on for this.

If I remember correctly this function originally was from an old browser called myIE, which is the predecessor of maxthon. And then almost all Chinese version browsers have this function.

siria
And just curious, if anyone might explain me what it does exactly?
So far this CCF plugin only seems to show a visible trail (which drives me crazy and has no function), but assume there must be more to it - just what am I missing?? And how does it work?

Date: December 29, 2015 01:53AM

found original link at this forum for the resolution.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,82941

Re: Super Drag (basic KM-plugin, not FF-addon)
Date: December 29, 2015 01:34PM

Thank you! Finally an expert who can explain in detail what it really is about!
So it's not just adding that ugly useless trailing line, as it looked so far, tsss.
But not showing that FF-addon menu either.

Have some more remarks to add later (middle-click etc pp), but should first take a closer look at the newest 76 plugin and its GUI (?)...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.