Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Greasemonkey
Posted by: Rosner
Date: November 20, 2015 02:05AM

Quisiera saber si alguien me puede ayudar con una versión de Greasemonkey adaptada a K-Meleon y que tenga botón en la barra de herramientas para poder instalar los scripts.

Gracias.

PDT.

Si no se puede, por lo menos den una respuesta clara diciendo "NO SE PUEDE".
==
I want to know if anyone can help me with a version of Greasemonkey adapted to K-Meleon and has button in the toolbar to install scripts.

Thanks.

PDT.

If they can not, at least give a clear response saying "can not".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greasemonkey
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 20, 2015 01:11PM

I have never used Greasemonkey. I cannot help with this.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 20, 2015 09:33PM

GM 2.3.1 works with KM 75-75.1

It could be installed (as easy as in Firefox - just get sure you have kmeleon.install_firefox_extension pref added and set to true in about:config.

Once you have it installed (restart of KM needed) - you can install scripts from the web (for example from greasyfork.org or other sites using the 'button' on the script download/installation webpage.

No advanced script-management is available in KM, sorry. Just install and use.

There is also the glitch during installation: Install window doesn't show that script is installed so you should close this window ONLY by the 'x' button (system standard button for closing window at top-right). Not 'cancel'. Not 'Show the code'!!!

Also you may need do save first script to the gm-scripts folder under your profile manually. All the next scripts will install by GM install window (just remember to close that window by 'x')

Yes - too many restrictions. But it really works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2015 04:11PM by rodocop.

Date: November 21, 2015 12:49AM

Hola.
Necesito algo que funcione. Lo anterior No Funciona.

Necesito instalar los scripts "Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek" y "AdsBypasser", no basta con solo "instalarlos", quiero que funcionen!

Se necesita un botón de Greasemonkey (o Equivalente) en la barra de herramientas, y que la extensión funcione correctamente.
--
Hello.
I need something that works. This Does not Work.

I need to install scripts "Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek" and "AdsBypasser" not enough to just "install", I want to work!

Greasemonkey (or equivalent) button is required in the toolbar, and extension work properly.

Thanks.

Date: November 21, 2015 01:03AM

Well,
I was doing so for my first time: installed GM into FF and added scripts I needed. Then I've added GM to KM and copy-paste the folder 'gm-scripts' from FF profile to KM one.

After that scripts start to work fine in KM. The most difficulty is to install FIRST script into KM. Here you'll need some trial&error work, a few attempts and maybe some manual 'cheating' as described ;-)

After that I have all my needed scripts working.

If your scripts are really huge - increase value of the next parameter:
extensions.greasemonkey.sync.values_max_size_per_script - it's 65536 by default. Multiply it to 10 or even 100 to 6553600. It should help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2015 01:03AM by rodocop.

Date: November 21, 2015 01:09AM

Me gustaría ayudar más pero mi español es muy pobre porque yo no tenía una conversación con los tiempos de la escuela y K-Meleon no es Firefox ;-)

Posted by: siria
Date: November 21, 2015 01:15AM

@rodocop
Am aware that's a hopeless case here, but if only first script is so complicated that it even needs FF installed, perhaps prepare a 7z package that already includes a working script with all settings, and post it in a more general thread? Perhaps some harmless tiny script that no one would mind... And what is the button supposed to do? If only calling some page like QuickNote that would be easy, other stuff of course not...

Date: November 21, 2015 12:39PM

To use Firefox - is the way I used for the first time (just to see, how it should be in working environment). And it's easy to explain.

But the last time I was able to install scripts without FF using. Not from the first attempt but now it works fine.

Earlier I never used GM so tested all that stuff only in order to answer the questions of newbies. Now I see some good possibilities given by GM, so MAYBE I'll find time to make more deep research and create an 'easy package for fast install' as you suggest.

Maybe...

Date: November 22, 2015 01:51AM

rodocop
Well,
I was doing so for my first time: installed GM into FF and added scripts I needed. Then I've added GM to KM and copy-paste the folder 'gm-scripts' from FF profile to KM one.

After that scripts start to work fine in KM. The most difficulty is to install FIRST script into KM. Here you'll need some trial&error work, a few attempts and maybe some manual 'cheating' as described ;-)

After that I have all my needed scripts working.

If your scripts are really huge - increase value of the next parameter:
extensions.greasemonkey.sync.values_max_size_per_script - it's 65536 by default. Multiply it to 10 or even 100 to 6553600. It should help.

Don't Work. I need to work.

Date: November 22, 2015 02:16AM

Rosner,
give me the link to the script you want to work in KM. I'll try to help you.

Date: November 22, 2015 03:59PM
Date: November 29, 2015 03:08PM

Fake Fake Fake!!!

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: November 29, 2015 05:21PM

What is fake?

*-*-
Spanish

¿Qué es falso Rosner?

Posted by: Zephyr
Date: October 15, 2016 09:56AM

This did not work for me when used with K-Meleon 75

I have tried installing GreaseMonkey 2.3.1 from the website and from the Add-ons Manager and all I achieved is to have the GM options available from the Add-ons Manager, with no GM button available in the toolbar so there is no means to install a script from the GUI. If I open viewtube.user.js from the iSebaro website it is not installed with GM but is instead opened in the browser as a text file. I have created a gm_scripts sub folder in the KM profile folder and copied viewtube.user.js there, but when I load a Youtube page the viewtube controls are not present.

I have monitored the installation of GM and this is what is changed:

greasemonkey-2.3-fx.xpi is copied to %UserProfile%\Application Data\K-Meleon\3w6jnn5k.default\extensions\ and renamed to {e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}.xpi

The following empty files were created in %UserProfile%\LocalSettings\Temp:
etilqs_LCwF1gZEHJRfc1x
etilqs_YAtkB9Q2Br1erd0

New entries were written to the following files:
cookies.sqlite-shm
cookies.sqlite-wal
extensions.ini
extensions.ini
key3.db
permissions.sqlite
places.sqlite
places.sqlite-shm
places.sqlite-wal
prefs.js
sessionCheckpoints.json
sessions.json
sessions.json.bak
webappstore.sqlite-shm
webappstore.sqlite-wal

New entries were written to profiles.ini

New entries were written to %UserProfile%\Application Data\K-Meleon\3w6jnn5k.default\-CACHE_CLEAN_

New entries were written to the following files in the %UserProfile%\Application Data\K-Meleon\3w6jnn5k.default\cache folder:
_CACHE_001_
_CACHE_002_
_CACHE_003_
_CACHE_MAP_

New entries were written to %UserProfile%\Application Data\K-Meleon\3w6jnn5k.default\cache\F\7E\7A31Ed01

The following file was created: %UserProfile%\Application Data\K-Meleon\3w6jnn5k.default\startupCache\startupCache.4little

When I opened greasemonkey-2.3-fx.xpi with 7-zip I discovered that it is supposed install a large number of files to multiple folders in Firefox which do not exist in KM so I fail to see how the changes that are made to KM could be considered an installation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2016 09:57AM by Zephyr.

Date: October 16, 2016 03:00PM

You shouldn't expect to get the same toolbar and menu items like in FF automatically - 2 browsers (FF and KM) don't share the same GUI principles.

All you can get with autoinstall - the options dialog (not fully functional) and the ability to install userscripts from corresponding sites.

Well, you cannot manage scripts easily but the should really work in KM.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 16, 2016 03:17PM

most of all:
Update your KM version first to use native FF-addons!
KM75 is way too old for them.

Even in the newest KM version such addons only work partly, but much more buggy in older ones. Not long ago, they even didn't work at all in KM. Still a work in progress, and am not sure if GUI stuff will ever work at all.

Date: October 16, 2016 09:49PM

siria,
old FF-extensions still do work good enough. The only problem is version compatibility.
KM 75 works with up to 2.3.1 GM and KM 76 - with newer versions like 3.1

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.