Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
A Request to any Scripting Guy / Macro guru w.r.t. ABP
Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: March 04, 2016 09:40AM

While using K-Meleon 75.1, I am very unhappy with AdBlockPlus new behaviour.
In KM 1.54 and 1.6, I can simply right click on ABP icon and see "Open blockable items", there, I can easily pick any Ad or Unwanted link to add in host file OR in PERMISSION.SQLITE or in POLICY MANAGER.
But in KM 75.1, I have to go a series of clicks and yet the result is unsatisfying, i.e.,
1- Click on "Live Block.."
2- Click on ABP icon
3- Click on "Open blockable items"

BUT.....
then the page is RELOADED and ignores all HOST file blocked links and all links that I blocked in permission.sqlite file using "EXE Permission".
This Live Block only applicable on the tab that was active when clicked ABP Live block.
I dont know is it a "BUG" or deleberately added the "feature" that , while ABP Live blocking is ON, K-Meleon ignores the host file DNS cache and permission.sqlite entries. I do not want to add links to ABP which I already entered in host file or in permission.sqlite. But the new ABP behaviour puts me in tremendous time-waste / cumbersome situation.
THE REQUEST:
Please make a macro OR tell me what to edit so that I get the same ABP bhaviour as was in KM1.6, i.e., showing "open blockable items" in main tab under ABP icon and also, please fix the ABP in LIVE BLOCKING mode STOP ignoring HOST file.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Request to any Scripting Guy / Macro guru w.r.t. ABP
Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 04, 2016 10:15AM

No way, sorry.

It was kplugin, created by Wladimir Palant (AdBlock Plus author) specially for KM to implement functionality you describe.

After v.1.6 KM support from there was dropped. I've composed a message to Palant but haven't got any answer.

So the way it works in KM 75 is the hack made by our comrade naruman. Else you cannot block page items at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2016 10:15AM by rodocop.

Posted by: WasiAzeem
Date: March 09, 2016 11:08AM

So sad. Anyway I can live without that feature. Thanks for your reply. KM 75.1 has so many big improvements that I really can forget ABP thing, and I thank you guys.
May be in the future Vladimir consider it. Right now I am using both KM 1.6 and 75.1.
Do you know any other Ad blocking tool that appears to be same as ABP in KM1.6?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: March 09, 2016 02:22PM

Well, I use Privoxy built-in my KM Pro assembly.

It uses own set of blocking rules as well as adblock-based filters (converted from ABP subscriptions).

Other option is AdFender - OS-level app, implementing block by Adblock rules.

Starting from 75.1 you can use inbuilt adblock KM-plugin. JamesD have written a simple management macroGUI for it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.