Auto-saving named sessions
Posted by: Maukka
Date: November 03, 2016 11:07AM

I'd love it if after opening a session I've saved and doing stuff it would update the saved session I loaded when I close it.
This would make it so that I could easily(without having to remember to save it) have multiple sessions for different purposes instead of having one session with everything.

If that for some reason wouldn't work just making the loaded session the default name when saving would make me rather happy since then I could use more desciptive session names without it getting annoying.

Also adding the sessions I've saved as options to load in the startpage would be nice too.

Re: Auto-saving named sessions
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 03, 2016 05:02PM

Sessions are handled by a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. I think only the developer could change that.

I will try to research some and see if there is a way achieve your goal by another method.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 03, 2016 08:14PM

Tough one, but perhaps simply use multiple profiles for your multiple session variations?
Edit > Manage Profiles > Ask at Startup / New

Be aware that "current sessions" tend to get lost in a crash, so better do save them occasionally, just for backup.

It's also possible to run multiple profiles/session in parallel at same time, if the commandline to start KM has a suffix " -new"

Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 04, 2016 12:27AM

May be Groups would satisfy your needs?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.