Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Portable K-Meleon 17.1 favorites bar displays only 2 favorites
Posted by: IEtransfer16
Date: April 12, 2016 06:56AM

I turned off netscape bookmarks, enabled IE favorites and IE favorites bar, entered the folder location, and registered it a name just fine, but when I set any shorter length for how many letters K-Meleon can dislay for each favorite, it just forgets as soon as you press enter or switch to a different topic in Preferences. If you, for example, enter 10 instead of 99 into "Variable width (shorten names with more than [99] characters)", close all K-Meleon Windows, and reopen K-Meleon, your favorites can still take up half your screen's width.
Go back into preferences, and the setting is reset back to 99 again. ¬_¬

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portable K-Meleon 17.1 favorites bar displays only 2 favorites
Posted by: IEtransfer16
Date: April 12, 2016 07:02AM

Portable K-Meleon 75.1*

Re: Portable K-Meleon 17.1 favorites bar displays only 2 favorites
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 12, 2016 12:02PM

Do any other changes in Preferences revert back to original values after a restart? If so, run Help > Troubleshooting to see if you have write authority to your profile.

Edit: I confirm that the 99 value cannot be reset to a smaller value and keep that value through a restart. My test in KM 76 beta 3u1.

Edit 2: Setting fixed width to number of pixels does not work either. The radio button selection goes back to variable and the value set in fixed width is removed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 12:21PM by JamesD.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.