Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Hide Menu bar and bring it back with ALT key
Posted by: Anonymous
Date: March 17, 2019 08:09AM

Just like in Pale Moon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 09:30PM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hide Menu bar
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 17, 2019 06:06PM

Anonymous
Just like in Pale Moon.

View > Toolbars > Menu

I leave this thread here, unless you confirm this is what you are searching for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 06:06PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: Anonymous
Date: March 17, 2019 08:39PM

Nope. Doesn't come back when pressin' ALT.

Date: March 17, 2019 09:30PM

Anonymous
Nope. Doesn't come back when pressin' ALT.

I see, then your issue/request is not with hiding, but with bringing it back.

I'll change your subject to address better the issue/request.

Just as a side note, you can still access it with the associated keys. ALT+F ALT+E ALT+V ALT+T, or you could just append all menus to a button near the URL bar (with a bit of macrolanguage learning, if it hasn't already done).

Anyway I'm not sure if it is possible through MFC. Let's see if the devs take note winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 09:33PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: March 17, 2019 09:37PM

ALT doesn't work in KM, but if it doesn't absolutely has to be a keyboard shortcut, KM offers another handy trick:
Leave the menu bar switched "on", then hide it by pulling another toolbar over it from the right side. At the left side just a little bit of the menu bar beginning remains visible. Click that at the right corner and the rest of the menu bar pops up.

Date: March 17, 2019 09:49PM

siria
ALT doesn't work in KM, but if it doesn't absolutely has to be a keyboard shortcut, KM offers another handy trick:
Leave the menu bar switched "on", then hide it by pulling another toolbar over it from the right side. At the left side just a little bit of the menu bar beginning remains visible. Click that at the right corner and the rest of the menu bar pops up.

What I do smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: March 17, 2019 10:54PM

Just curious, would this work too, using ALT+M, for KM75.1 or newer?
In file accel.cfg (Edit > Configuration > Accelerators):

ALT M = popupmenu(Main)

or otherwise perhaps rebarmenu(Main)

offtopic:
But this whole subject reminds me again of the killer bugfeature that some menu lines vanish completely if the FILE menu is hidden sad smiley (to open local files, and a bunch of macro commands targetting the inline sub-menus of "File". Although some appear in context menus too... not sure if all) Hmm... or would it meanwhile be possible again to simply add the "&File" menu in the "Compact Menu" too, or does the duplicate-entries-bug still exist in newer 7X versions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 11:00PM by siria.

Date: March 18, 2019 01:38AM

:-?

No clue. 75.0 does nothing.

Posted by: hermes
Date: March 18, 2019 11:02AM

Earlier already mentioned, my old module of 2015 (called SsSS i.e. Super (special) Screen Size).
Features: can dynamically show / hide menu bar and toolbars + AntiBOSS mode. All actions by hotkey or mouse gestures. Separately can maximize browser window when at contact to upper bound of screen with mouse cursor. The susceptibility of borders is adjusted.

Old video (from the beginning of 2016):
(direct link) http://getfile.dokpub.com/yandex/get/https://yadi.sk/d/Crmxc2rznfFMA (~679 Kcool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 11:03AM by hermes.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: March 18, 2019 09:26PM

@siria/JohnHell
A macro with id(number); can toggle the display of a toolbar. Menu numbers in your K-Meleon versions start with 2000 (max 50).

Posted by: Codemelon
Date: August 26, 2020 10:16AM

I tried "View > Toolbars > Menu", but really doesn't work for me! An error actually pops up when trying to use this shortcode.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.