Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Improvement of displaying
Posted by: William
Date: June 20, 2020 08:33AM

Hi all,

My proposal for improving the Kmeleon Browser ---> add a button for the full screen in the top bar (we don't have to press the F11 key anymore, because it is far from our hands and the movement is harder). Another improvement I propose is that when we are in Full Screen mode, when we touch the mouse arrow at the top of the screen to appear bookmarks, opened web pages, address bar and buttons for minimization and exit the program. Thank you Kmeleon team!

Options: ReplyQuote
P.S.
Date: June 20, 2020 09:51AM

PS: I apologize if I didn't write correctly. English is not my native language. Everything was translated with Google smiling smiley

Re: Improvement of displaying
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 20, 2020 03:30PM

William

My proposal for improving the Kmeleon Browser ---> add a button for the full screen in the top bar (we don't have to press the F11 key anymore, because it is far from our hands and the movement is harder)

You have in the context menu the option to switch back and forth full screen.

Date: June 20, 2020 03:51PM

JohnHell
William

My proposal for improving the Kmeleon Browser ---> add a button for the full screen in the top bar (we don't have to press the F11 key anymore, because it is far from our hands and the movement is harder)

You have in the context menu the option to switch back and forth full screen.

Ok, but the other proposal remains valid: in full screen mode to display the top navigation bar to be able to navigate between sites. The display of the bar should be done ---> when we touch <--- with the mouse arrow the top of the screen, it will ---> disappear <--- after we take the arrow from it. I hope I was understood smiling smiley Thank you very much!

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 20, 2020 04:39PM

No one said the opposite.

Just pointing out you didn't need to use the keyboard for fullscreen toggle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2020 04:40PM by JohnHell.

Re: Improvement of displaying / FullScreen toggle
Posted by: siria
Date: June 20, 2020 06:01PM

> My proposal for improving the Kmeleon Browser ---> add a button for the full screen in the top bar
> (we don't have to press the F11 key anymore, because it is far from our hands and the movement is harder).
> Another improvement I propose is that when we are in Full Screen mode, when we touch
> the mouse arrow at the top of the screen to appear bookmarks, opened web pages,
> address bar and buttons for minimization and exit the program. Thank you Kmeleon team!

That touch-toggle probably is impossible.
Lots of things are desirable since decades but sadly not nearly enough devs ever.

You can choose some Full Screen options in Preferences (F2) > Plugins > Fullscreen

If you need that toggle very often, I'd consider putting the command on a mouse gesture:
just a tiny flicker with the mouse in one of 8 directions, love it.
Preferences (F2) > Plugins > Mouse Gestures
Enable mousegestures in checkbox on top, then open an actions list and look for Full Screen, restart KM.

A Fullscreen-Button you can add yourself:

Just notice the current default skin even comes with an ICON prepared for fullscreen - but it was forgotten to add in skin.cfg too!
And toolbars.cfg should have it prepared too, even if hidden by default, oh well.
So many unnecessary little bugs, unfixed for so many years, that's KM :-/

Please open in a text editor: ..K-Meleon/skins/default/skin.cfg
Make a backup COPY, in case of accidents (can be stored in same folder)
Find line "editCopy", add a comma and a new line below:
"editCopy",
"fullscreen()"

Then open toolbars.cfg (menu Edit > Configuration > Toolbars)
Again, make a backup COPY! This is actually the template file for new profiles!
when you have toolbars.cfg open, choose a nice neighbor button and add this below it:

%ifplugin Fullscreen
	 FullScreen{
	 fullscreen()|Tool&bars
	 Full Screen. Press F11 to toggle. F2 for options. Right-click to show/hide single toolbars.
	 # Klassic skin:  toolhot.bmp[14]
	 # Klassic skin:  toolcold.bmp[14]
	 }
	 %endif

Save files and restart KM....

Tips:
Much safer, copy toolbars.cfg into folder ../skins/default/toolbars.cfg and change it only there.
Or yet better, create your own skin manually: ../skins/mine1/toolbars.cfg
(must contain 2 files toolbars.cfg+skin.cfg at minimum, other files optional)
Or if you prefer to keep your own skin in current PROFILE:
Edit > Configuration > Profile Directory
Create a subfolder "skins", and inside a subfolder "williamskin" (any name you wish), put 2x cfg inside.
If you choose to create an own skin, enable it here:
F2 > GUI Appearance (on top) > Skin V

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 02:49PM by siria.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.