Netscape Bookmarks
Posted by: Zack
Date: August 22, 2000 05:05PM

I never did like the way IE uses "Favorites". Please get rid of this in future versions. Netscape style Bookmarks are far superior, easier to manage, and everything is included in one single file, instead of many files, which are a pain to back up and move from computer to computer. Thanks for the great browser.

RE: Netscape Bookmarks
Posted by: Nathan
Date: August 22, 2000 06:05PM

Yes! Please go to NS bookmarks. Those bloody "favorites" are the only things keeping me with Netscape despite the bloat and the wait. I don't _want_ my bookmarks to show up in every file browser window on my computer.

Posted by: stille
Date: August 22, 2000 10:51PM

Couldn't agree more. I got realy disappointed when I read IE-bookmarks. I almost wanted to deny it.

Please make the bookmarks netscape style. Better in every possible way.

Posted by: karmite
Date: August 23, 2000 01:43AM

while i agree that you should incorporate support for netscape bookmarks, the user should have the option of choosing whichever system suits him/her. there will be people crossig over from both browsers..

IE Bookmarks are terrible
Posted by: yTTOCS
Date: August 23, 2000 05:27AM

hey nifty, the textarea is centered...

IE bookmarks waste a lot of space by creating a new file for every one (especially if you have tens of thaousands of them), and they also restrict the user in only being to name the bookmark using filename-allowable characters. if you ever need to move the bookmarks in DOS, the filenames will be converted to DOS 8.3 format and the descriptions will be lost.

for IE users switching over, there are a lot of bookmark conversion tools/managers available... The one i have used is called Compass, i believe (converts between IE, NS and Opera)

RE: IE Bookmarks are terrible
Posted by: tomb
Date: August 23, 2000 06:03AM

perhaps this should be a new subject but this seemed like the right place to mention it, support for netscape roaming profiles would be great. even if it only supported the simple things such as only your bookmarks.

RE: IE Bookmarks are terrible
Posted by: identity0
Date: August 23, 2000 06:16AM

Yes, I also hate using IE mainly for that reason. Please at least add the option of using NS-style bookmarks.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.