Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Perhaps host this at SourceForge
Posted by: Jason Key
Date: August 23, 2000 07:56PM

Guys, have you considered starting a project for this on Sourceforge?

Considering that Galeon is there, then perhaps that would be a good way to continue the focus as well as generate more attention. The more the better as this truly kicks ass!!!

Can I ask, though .. is there a way to get say Winamp embedded along with this browser? Right now, for streaming, we have to have winamp pulled up, or Real or Media Player. The only one that successfully embeds without interferring too much with the content is Media Player and that makes me sick ...

To embed an audio player actually inside of a browser would be a coup .. please please consider this!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Perhaps host this at SourceForge
Date: August 23, 2000 08:20PM

Well, I feel mighty stoopid ... I see in a ZDNet article that Christophe, you wrote K-Jofol perhaps a merger of the two products .. (though of course working for Nullsoft might be an issue) but what about making K-Meleon a wrapper around K-Jofol??

That would be the sweatest deal imaginable ... combine this with a small footprint .. plug-in support with Flash and this little demon would be the fast viewer for every type of content online right now ...

You guys are my hero's!!!!

Jason Key

Posted by: Ville Vataja
Date: August 24, 2000 03:51PM

Somehow I think that "To embed an audio player actually inside of a browser..." doesn't fit with this browser's design philosophy.

-
Ville Vataja
staili@iobox.com
http://www.wirelessmind.org/

Posted by: etoffi
Date: August 25, 2000 11:12AM

> Somehow I think that "To embed an audio player actually inside of a browser..."
> doesn't fit with this browser's design philosophy.

right. i think you might want to investigate your registry.

--
etoffi

Posted by: Ville Vataja
Date: August 25, 2000 11:47AM

> right. i think you might want to investigate your registry.

?
-
Ville Vataja - http://www.wirelessmind.org/

Date: August 25, 2000 09:59PM

Registry??

I know that perhaps this is out of scope, but for a fully distributed OSS multimedia browser this would be an awesome angle!! Perhaps this sounds odd, but on windows, I do Audio dev for web sites with narration. I distribute IE right now with Media Player .. just to play MP3 files embedded into the browser.

Needless to say, we hate IE for this and Media Player is giving us all kinds of grief. If the media could be handled directly by the browser, and it affects no native window's DLL's then we would be in great shape and the rest of the marketplace would have more development choices ....

Footprint is also an issue ... and do I even need to go there for IE??

Date: August 26, 2000 01:50PM

all you have to do is change the associations in the registry. you can even distrubute winamp or kjofol. make a file call reg.reg:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp3]
@="-audio.mp3"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\-audio.mp3\Shell\Open]
@="c:\\programs\\music\\kjofol\\kjofol.exe %1"

run the file with regedit /c reg.reg

i THINK thats right...

Date: August 28, 2000 01:13PM

So this means it can play in an embedded fashion, and have no controls on the screen? I never seen it work in that fashion ...

Date: August 29, 2000 09:59AM

i didnt mean like that. isnt media player included wth windows anyway? what files are you trying to play?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.