Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
flash, shockwave, media player plug
Posted by: Rick Schultz
Date: September 08, 2000 06:37PM

I noticed this new browser is FAST! However, it does not show, or allow sites using macromedia shockwave or flash to become enabled in this browser. The same thing goes for the real player. Do you have links or workarounds to make these things work in this system? I tried to download the software, so that it would link, but your software does not do that either. drop me an email with what I need to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: flash, shockwave, media player plug
Posted by: Mike Perry
Date: September 10, 2000 05:53AM

I went to www.macromedia.com and had no problem seeing their flash intro... So I went to www.shockwave.com to test that out. It said I needed the plugin, of course. So I did what I read somewhere else... I went to my Internet Explorer\Plugins directory and did Ctrl-A (Select All), Ctrl-C (Copy), and then over to the K-Meleon\Plugins Directory with a Ctrl-V (Paste). I did the same for the Netscape\Communicator\Program\Plugins Directory. Then I went to shockwave.com again and... VIOLA!!! I could see the site. I couldn't play any games, becuase the shockwave wasn't working properly, but I could see the flash part on the main intro page. Check it out. I haven't tested Real Player or Quick Time yet, and I don't expect them to work, but I just might surprise myself... =)

Later,
Mike

RE: flash, shockwave, media player plug
Posted by: blar
Date: September 18, 2000 05:18PM

i tested real player 8 and it works!

cu
blar

sorry 4 my bad english i come from germany

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.