Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
0.2 current changelog
Posted by: Christophe
Date: October 11, 2000 01:04PM

hi,

just to keep you informed, here is the current changelog for 0.2 :

- Faster application loading.
- Panning support (3rd mouse button)
- 4th and 5th mouse buttons supported (back and forward)
- Right-click context menu added.

that's not much but i'm still working on it ... and no, no release date, i wonder if i should wait for mozilla m18 to come out or not ...

-christophe

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: 0.2 current changelog
Posted by: Grep
Date: October 11, 2000 09:28PM

It would probably be worth it - there are a lot of fixes in M18-to-be, including a bunch of table reflow fixes that are probably quite worth having and a fair amount of bloat reduction. Even if you don't wait for M18, it would be really nice to have two packages - one based on M17 and one based on the last nightly build before the release of 0.2.

Posted by: Christophe
Date: October 13, 2000 09:21AM

well, m18 has been released today but from the comments on slashdot, it doesn't seems stable at all :/ also, they are talking about the linux version of mozilla...

did you guys try out the m18 ? what do you think of it ?

Posted by: Christian Mattar
Date: October 13, 2000 01:14PM

M18 was probably on a seperate branch, so all of the more "radical" improvements/fixes are not in.

So why use a mailstone, when the current nightlies are much better?

I think you (or someone else, I don't care) should just pick a nightly build which is known to be stable and use that for Kmeleon.

Just my 2c.

Posted by: Biswa
Date: October 13, 2000 04:23PM

M18 seems pretty good to me - but the latest nightlies are better. Better base the version on M18 - there are supposed to be quite a few embedding fixes in there.

Posted by: Christian Mattar
Date: October 13, 2000 05:24PM

So because the nightlies are better than M18, let's use M18? You've got to explain that to me. :-)

All of the fixes that went in M18 are also in the nightlies, the only problems are regressions that occur.

Posted by: Biswa
Date: October 16, 2000 04:46PM

Oops, read that 'better use the nightlies.."

Posted by: Ryan Hayle
Date: October 22, 2000 04:09AM

Okay, I think it's well overdue to move this project onto SourceForge with public CVS access, so people can at least mess with it and contribue on their own... Considering that .2 was supposed to come out over a month ago, I think people would like to see something, even if it was full of bugs and didn't work. Of course, after the response from releasing the .1 version and having stupid ignorant people post all these bugs and complain about missing features in the very first release, I understand why one would want to hesitate, but I still think it would be a good idea...

Posted by: Alex
Date: October 30, 2000 09:04PM

Yeah, pleeeaaasse do something. Well, you did a great work, it's one of the best browsers for Windows I have ever seen (yeah, it tops Opera and the original Mozilla), so I would be very, very unhappy to see this great project die. But there is still a lot of work to do - so why shouldn't others do the work you can't do for whatever reason?

Unfortunately I am not a coder, but I am sure that you could find some guys who are able to help you.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.