default windows scroll bars
Posted by: steven garrity
Date: October 21, 2000 04:50PM

One of my biggest pet peeves about Mozilla is that it ignores my Windows setting on the size/color of the scroll bars and arrogantly replaces them with it's own, which look out of place with the rest of my apps.

Microsoft has done the work here for you. I strongly recommend you use the Windows scroll bars.

Keep up the good work. You are the answer to my question: Why can't someone just put Gecko into Notepad?!?

RE: default windows scroll bars
Posted by: art vanderlay
Date: October 22, 2000 09:53AM

id have to agree with this guy the

Posted by: scratch
Date: October 22, 2000 08:06PM

You can make it use simulated Windows scrollbars by swapping the names of the Modern and Classic skin directories. This isn't the fault of K-Meleon, it's how Gecko works. M$IE only uses simulated Windows scrollbars as well.

Posted by: Eponymous
Date: December 13, 2000 11:52AM

That doesn't work on my install of K-meleon (didn't install mozilla), as there are no Modern & Classic skin directories. If someone can tell me what needs to be changed to get that working i'd be very happy, coz it looks sh*t with the HUGE scroll bars, next to all the tiny scroll bars I have on everything else. I know it's only a niggly little thing, but it grates after a while.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.