No IE favourites
Posted by: Rob
Date: March 25, 2001 11:28AM

Personally find it annoying. Maybe have a choice of turining the feature on/off. Hate the way Netscape puts them on when I dont' want them.

RE: No IE favourites
Posted by: Jeff
Date: March 25, 2001 04:42PM

The favourites are handled through a plugin called kmeleon_favorites.dll, and the netscape bookmarks are handled through kmeleon_bookmarks.dll, remove the one you don't want, and they're gone -- you can remove the menu entries through Edit|Preferences Menus, or by editing menus.cfg in your profile directory.

-- Jeff

Posted by: pandion
Date: March 26, 2001 09:51PM

Huh, I don't have any cfg files, nor do I have a profile directory. Do I need some additional download more than the 0.3 setup?

Posted by: Brian
Date: March 27, 2001 04:50AM

take a look in c:\windows\application data\kmeleon if you're on 98 or c:\documents and settings\application data\kmeleon if you're on one of those newfangled operating systems

Date: March 27, 2001 05:54AM

I'm on oldfangled 95. I do have c:\windows\applications data, but nothing related to kmeleon there.

No profile(s) directory anywhere containing kmeleon stuff. I've searched the disk for "kmeleon" - nothing outside the kmeleon directory. There I have \defaults\pref\ containing 2 js files, changing those doesn't make things happen.

I have tried a fresh installation - same stuff.

Posted by: Brian
Date: March 27, 2001 05:40PM

I think on 95 it should be in c:\windows\kmeleon...

maybe it's different in 0.3... we should have 0.3.1 out pretty soon (hopefully)

Date: March 27, 2001 10:54PM

OK, thanks. I didn't realize that things discussed here are likely to concern the next release more than the current. I'll try to be patient. :-)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.