Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Trusted sites a la IE
Posted by: PsiNorm
Date: May 17, 2001 01:59PM

I like the idea of a small quick standards compliant browser. However, I use IE only because of the freedom to pick and choose my cookies. I hate the always on or always off. Is this something k-meleon will include in future releases?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trusted sites a la IE
Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 17, 2001 06:06PM

Yes, this feature will be added as soon as it is possilble to do so.

-- Jeff

Posted by: suppafly
Date: May 21, 2001 02:05AM

"However, I use IE only because of the freedom to pick and choose my cookies. I hate the always on or always off. Is this something k-meleon will include in future releases?"

what are you talking about, ie has one of the worst cookie management systems
on off or always ask? thats not very good cookie handling..

Posted by: PsiNorm
Date: May 21, 2001 01:14PM

Huh?
if you look at the Security tab in Internet Options under Tools, you'll see that you can set up diferent security levels for different clasifications of sites. There is the Internet in general, Trusted Sites, and Restricted Sites. You can set up different configurations for each. For example, I have cookies turned off for the internet in general, but turned on for those sites I defined as "Trusted". Restriced sites aren't allowed to do anything.
So, I guess you're right. It is only "on off or always ask", but the ability to say which sites are "on off or always ask" is a great feature. Give it a try, you may just find a new respect for IE.
By the way, you say IE has "one of the worst cookie managemant systems". Compared to what?

PsiNorm

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.