Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Improvement sucks
Posted by: smtrembl
Date: June 05, 2001 11:11PM

Just make this piece of software stable, put a simple sendmail and a good download manager, and throw in flexible prefs. Just look at iCab (www.iCab.de) !

Those who keep asking for gadgets are no serious user.
K is my browser of choice as a content creator on the web.

Simon says

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Improvement sucks
Posted by: Alfonso
Date: June 06, 2001 09:35PM

> Improvement sucks

What's that???
are you out of your head or what's wrong with you??

if you don't like improvements then just get version 0.1 and stick to it. No one will care about it. But allow the rest of us to enjoy all the improvements that are to come with K-meleon or any other soft.

And I don't think that K needs any kind of sendmail. K is a browser and that's the way it should go on.

By the way I'm also a content creator and I can't fully enjoy K due to the lack of a Javascript console and mainly the redraw bug (hope this is fixed in 0.41)

Re: Improvement sucks
Posted by: scratch
Date: June 07, 2001 02:32PM

redraw bug is fixed.

Re:
Posted by: smtrembl
Date: June 07, 2001 10:54PM

Sorry, it was just a brutal was to say that I like simplicity.
I'm not saying that k-meleon shouldn't be debugged. I'm just wondering about IE, Netscape, and even Mozilla, wich have been "improved" with to many function... I would love to have a simple and efficient browser for windows. Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Re:KISS
Posted by: Joshua Prowse
Date: June 13, 2001 02:07AM

Keep it simple. Keep email out of kmeleon. Kmeleon is a browser and that's it. I use Outlook Express for news/email and I won't be switching for many years. I use the Offline Hotmail support in Outlook Express. Apparently Netscape6 has a similar feature for Netscape Mail - is it in the mozilla code base?

Re:KISS
Posted by: scratch
Date: June 13, 2001 04:11AM

No, it's a proprietary protocol that Netscape doesn't want to release.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.