Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Toolbar Buttons
Posted by: Deleted
Date: June 26, 2001 05:50PM

I don't know if K-Meleon is going for the minimilist(?) look or not. But i'd be a lot more keen to use it, if the button bars had Icons + text. Not just text buttons. Also, why try to use IE's look? Use K-meleon becuase it uses *mozilla* and has an *IE* look. That's kind of a complete contradiction. I recommend using Galeon's toolbar/look. Other then that, I really like it. Also, another bit on the IE look. IE 6.0 has a new look to it. (Which is what I use), so the IE look, not only being ugly, is oudated. It's like using NS 3.0's toolbar or something. I love the idea of the plugins.. especially the winamp plugin..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar Buttons
Posted by: Brian
Date: June 27, 2001 10:59PM

you can actually change the graphics to whatever you want. they are stored in c:\windows\application data\kmeleon\profiles\<your name>\<random number>.slt\ (may be a bit different depending on your OS). If anyone submits better graphics (that we are legally allowed to use), we'll gladly ship kmeleon with them as the default.

Posted by: Grétar Steinn
Date: August 07, 2001 01:08PM

Thats the resone why I use K-meleon, it gote the IE look and the
Mozilla core. I don't see whats wrong with these icons?

Posted by: po
Date: August 08, 2001 04:18AM

the obvious answer is to make the resource files, such as the toolbar bitmaps, easy to modify... then everyone can have what they want. no one style is ever gonna please all the militant factions...

Posted by: scratch
Date: August 10, 2001 02:27AM

I tried changing them, but they have to be exactly the same size, and can only use certain colors. Are there plans to remove these restrictions?

Posted by: po
Date: August 10, 2001 06:26AM

yeah, they gotta be the same size, and use those sixteen ugly system colors... but you could still, for instance, probably replicate the netscape buttons within these constraints... although i haven't seen a recent version; maybe they've done something fancy?

Posted by: Toasty dan
Date: November 06, 2001 06:07PM

Try turning them off....

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.