Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
shift + click = open in new window
Posted by: Eetu Huisman
Date: June 29, 2001 07:53PM

Sure it would be possible to make shift + right clicking a link work like it works in most browsers, opening the link in a new window.

The two best features in Galeon IMHO, tabbed mode (the possibility to turn it on and off) and smart toolbar folder (searching mad easy...) would be great too...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: shift + click = open in new window
Posted by: scratch
Date: August 08, 2001 12:18AM

In most browsers I've used, shift + click = save link, ctrl + click = open in new window.

Posted by: RadHaz
Date: August 08, 2001 11:23AM

Hmm,
Anyone know if this feature request ended up in the bit-bucket or can we hope to see it in the near future? I've been watching (and downloading) kmeleon for a while now and can honestly say it's only some minor points away from being my default browser? By far the feature I miss most from other browsers is a "button + click = open in new window" I find it's my most used hotkey next to "ctrl + F". I noticed in the preferences option theres a menu "script" (don't know what else to refer to it as config file perhaps) is there any documentation on how to edit this ie is it possible to make our own hotkeys? If not could that be a feature request too?

Thanks a million for making a tremendous piece of software free to the world
RadHaz

Posted by: po
Date: August 09, 2001 02:32AM

it looks like you could set up your own hot keys by modifying the accel.cfg and macros.cfg files... i haven't tried it myself yet. i don't know about documentation, but the above files contain helpful commenting, at least.

Middle button for new window would be nice...
Posted by: random
Date: September 30, 2001 01:15AM

... I believe Mozilla is the only win32 browser that supports this. Anyway, it's such little things that buy you.

Re: Middle button for new window would be nice...
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 01, 2001 05:40AM

RedHaz,

In Preferences - Menus - Accelerators, you can re-map existing hotkeys or add your own. This explains how to work with this (slightly different purpose but you should get the idea).

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/mozilla/kcontrol.htm

However, I'm not sure you can do this with "click" events. Might need a general request for support on all click shortcuts.

Andrew

Re: Middle button for new window would be nice...
Posted by: Toasty Dan
Date: November 06, 2001 05:55PM

yes, I'd love middle click for new window

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.