Bookmarks
Posted by: Sam Hughes
Date: September 28, 2001 09:03PM

I'd like K-Meleon to have better bookmarking. For example, I'd like to be able to change the title of the bookmarks. I don't like having "Slashdot: News for... stuff that matters in the links bar.

Re: Bookmarks
Posted by: Matt
Date: September 29, 2001 02:55AM

First off, isn't slashdot.org really easy to memmorize?
Any, to fix that probel, just go to edit favorites, and it will open the favorites folder, where you can edit the name of the short cuts, or links, or what ever. : )

Posted by: Luiz
Date: September 29, 2001 05:55PM

You can also rename your netscape bookmarks by chossing the "edit bookmarks" menu item under "Bookmarks", selecting the one you want to change and then single-clicking it.

Posted by: Norman Hunter
Date: September 29, 2001 10:26PM

I hope that in the near future that bookmarks can be managed and editted into folders using somekind of native interface as IE and NS and Opera do w/o having to go outside the browser itself.

Posted by: po
Date: September 30, 2001 05:41AM

managing "favorites" (or "bookmarks") in explorer isn't so bad, in my opinion... if it's the price of un-bloated-ness, i'm more than willing to pay it. just my two shiny pennies worth.

po

Posted by: Michael Kallas
Date: October 22, 2001 12:20PM

I would like to be able to import bookmarks _after_ the first time I start K-meleon.
I selected Cancel after not being able to find the mozilla bookmarks at first
sight (must be connected to those NT profiles, I suspect...), I hit Cancel...
I don't want to reinstall just for bookmarks (silly!)

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 22, 2001 01:50PM

Michael,

The developers have been doing some work on the Bookmarks function and the next version will have the ability to bring in yout bookmarks later. You will still need to "enable" bookmarks when you install but you can select the actual file at any time in the future.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.