Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
symbiotic loader issues
Posted by: S. M. D.
Date: October 03, 2001 06:45AM

The symbiotic loader has 4 settings. Only the "Extreme" setting requires that a browser window actually be opened. I think that the "Faster" setting actually loads a user profile.

So why, if the loader loads at startup, does K-Meleon force me to pick a profile on "Fast"?? This kinda sucks. Actually, it would be nice if I could use the "Faster" setting, and *still* only choose a profile when I actually open a browser window.
Since my machine is shared amongst a few roommates, each uses his/her respective profile. However, if one is forced to choose a profile on startup (machine, not browser), then one must actually use the Manage Profiles option in an existing browser.

(email me if you want a better description of the improvement request)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: symbiotic loader issues
Posted by: Toasty Dan
Date: November 06, 2001 04:09AM

Is there a way to enable a loader after kmeleon has been installed without enabling it?

Re: symbiotic loader issues
Posted by: S. M. Das
Date: November 06, 2001 05:50PM

Actually, never mind... I just realized that *I* don't know how I would make this happen on each browser load without being totally annoying. I think that maybe it would defeat the purpose of the whole symbiotic loader.

I'll post on this again when I fully understand what I'm asking... smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.