Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Tabbed
Posted by: Beto Reyes
Date: October 19, 2001 04:14PM

Hi... I'd love the idea of tabs.. the feature of Galeon and now Mozilla 9.5... It's really pleasant to use only one window to browse pages... so please.... at least consider it in a short build....

Thank.. and have a nice day, oki

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tabbed
Posted by: mrsoul
Date: October 23, 2001 01:43PM

Fully agreed.

I finally downloaded K-Meleon, after using Mozilla > 0.94, Opera and NetCaptor, and I am fascinated. Thinking Opera is fast is not wrong, but K-Meleon brakes all limits - amazing.

Tabs work perfectly in Opera, since Tabs are resizable, can be arranged and stuff. I like the green/yellow/red lights of NetCaptor, which I consider a pretty perfect IExploder replacement / add-on (yes, I use IExploder...), but I am astonished how nice tabs work on Mozilla 0.95.

So, K-Meleon with Tabs, that would be a Dream Team.

Posted by: Brian
Date: October 23, 2001 04:08PM

we are not making tabs, get over it

Posted by: xVariable
Date: October 25, 2001 06:52PM

And are you one of the devs to make such a categorical statement? This should at least be considered as a plugin or something. I *used* to be of two minds about tabs but am now 100% in favor of a self-contained, tabbed interface.

Posted by: Trevor Lowing
Date: October 30, 2001 10:02PM

I agree with tabbing. It allows for another level of grouping information while browsing without junking up the desktop.

Not that I'm complaining. K-Meleon starts with the settings in Mozilla I have to monkey with for hours to get right. Simple...Beautiful. Excellent work guys.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 30, 2001 11:05PM

Yes, Brian is one of the developers so he does get to make such statements. He doesn't like tabs and he's not going to doing them. That doesn't mean that someone else can't do them. The plug-in architecture is open so you can work something up if you would like. If you get a tabs plug-in working, post a link to it here so that those who want it can get it. That's the beauty of this browser.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.