No preferences menu???
Posted by: Raptor
Date: October 28, 2001 12:13AM

Why in K-Meleon 0.5 I can find only: back, forward, stop, releoad, home, search, print option in toolbar???

Also I din't want K-M to open HTML by default, I want it now, but there isn't any preferences menu to set that???

Re: No preferences menu???
Posted by: Raptor
Date: October 28, 2001 12:16AM

Also, why there isn't any bookmarks option?

Solve that two problems, and K-M will be best browser I tryed

Posted by: xVariable
Date: October 28, 2001 01:53AM

Maybe K-Meleon is too "advanced" for you.

1) You can add buttons to the tool bar to suit your liking. You can also remove those you don't want. This option requires first that you know what buttons are (by reading the docs of course) and then adding them to the proper script. You can easily access that script through the prefs dialogue in K-Meleon.

2) You can modify what, if any, page loads at start-up via the preferences.

3) K-Meleon supports Netscape and Internet Explorer bookmarks via plugins, which you can choose to install or not at install time. Really, it couldn't be any simpler.

Maybe this browser is a little out of your league?

Posted by: po
Date: October 28, 2001 03:40AM

hey, now... let's keep it friendly, eh?

first of all, the next relaease, by all accounts, should have a totally different toolbar set-up, so don't sweat the buttons too much for the moment.

second, i'm guessing that the question about opening HTML by default was regarding what happens when you double-click on a file, not the startup page. to change this, you'll want to change the settings for HTML files under settings>folder options>file types (or similar, depending on your windoze version). maybe there will be a quick-and-simple method to make k-meleon the default browser in future releases (?).

not as agressive as IE though, ok? =)

--- po

Posted by: xVariable
Date: October 28, 2001 06:47PM

Ok, I was a little too sarcastic. Sorry. =)

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.