Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
A google toolbar!
Posted by: Shannon
Date: October 30, 2001 11:09PM

Would be nice smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A google toolbar!
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 30, 2001 11:19PM

Shannon,

What functionality of the Google Toolbar do you want? This might be somthing that can be duplicated if we know what you want. Maybe Google will create something for K-Meleon one of these days.
:-)

Andrew

Posted by: po
Date: October 31, 2001 12:50AM

actually, much cooler than an added toolbar was the way you could simply set it up to do a google search from the URL field just by typing a user-defined prefix (they suggest 'gg')... this was one IE feature i really liked, but i've adapted to 'Ctrl+g' pretty readily... it's not so bad. =)

--- po

Posted by: FredP
Date: October 31, 2001 10:23AM

That is something you can add to ANY browser, using a local proxy such as Proxomitron (does many other things too, like filtering ads, counters, javascript etc).

Posted by: Daniel
Date: October 31, 2001 01:25PM

- Having constantly a text-field where you can type in your query
- Buttons near to that field where you can choose between Google/Google Groups/Google Imgages
- and finally that you can highlight your queries just by pressing the Highlight button and searching for a word in the page just by clicking on the word in the google toolbar

The google toolbar is so handy ... I always go back to IE just because of this feature (tried Mozilla 0.95 / Opera 5.0 as alternatives)

But K-Meleon is absolutely great ...if it would have s.th. like a google bar, I wouldn't use IE anymore

Posted by: Shelley
Date: November 06, 2001 09:28AM

The bit on Google toolbar I really liked is being able to drag a term from my page up there and have a search on that pop up automatically. But then maybe that's just cos I'm lazy. Highlighting can be very useful when deciding if a page is relevant or not.

However on the other hand I'm incredibly jealous of my window real estate and don't want anything added that will take away from my browsing area.

Posted by: po
Date: November 06, 2001 09:43AM

> However on the other hand I'm incredibly jealous of my window real estate
> and don't want anything added that will take away from my browsing area.

aye, there's the rub.

that's why i liked having the URI field double as a search string field (and no... i don't want to set up a local proxy). ;-]
but maybe a context menu option would be as laziness-friendly as drag'n'drop? you know, just right-click on a term, and select 'search'...

--- po

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.