Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
open frame in new window
Posted by: schtum
Date: October 31, 2001 04:35AM

This was always one of my favorite Netscape features, and Mozilla's upped the ante with the "show only this frame" feature. It may not come in handy on a daily basis, but it's nice to know it's there. So here's my problem, K-meleon is now my regular browser -- and I want to keep it that way -- but that feature isn't there!

Idle threats aside, I want to congratulate everyone who worked on this project. 0.6 is easily one of the top two Windows browsers in existance. Only little things as mentioned above keep it from being #1 hands down. (well, that and the fact that some web sites still refuse to let it in, and adjusting the browser identification doesn't always solve that, but that's out of your hands). You guys rock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: open frame in new window
Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 31, 2001 04:48AM

I think the frame issue is a problem with the embedded version of Mozilla which K-Meleon is built on. However, we are aware of the issue and working to get that resolved. Thanks for the kind words!

Andrew

Posted by: Edmund Biow
Date: October 31, 2001 06:18AM

One thing I've always wanted in a browser is the ability to open a new browser window from a link but NOT have the newly spawned link become the active window.

It takes a while for anything to materialize on a newly spawned web site window and I'd just as soon continue reading the document I'm perusing. 98% of the time I just minimize the newly spawned window anyway.

Posted by: Edmund Biow
Date: October 31, 2001 07:27AM

My mediocre. You can open a new page in the background. Sorry, I'm a newbie, never mind.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.