Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
toolbar tooltips.
Posted by: po
Date: November 02, 2001 02:48AM

i've noticed that the only toolbar button that seems to generate a tooltip... is there a place to alter this, so that they're all on or all off? if not, it might be nice if that could be part of the toolbar.cfg scripting in future versions... then they could be active by default for new users, but you could turn 'em off when you didn't want them anymore.

this might matter more when people start making plugins with their own buttons to add to the toolbar...

once again, just a thought.

--- po

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: toolbar tooltips.
Date: November 02, 2001 02:50AM

oops, train of thought was derailed early on in that one; meant to say, 'only the 'print' button seems to generate a tooltip'.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 02, 2001 03:56AM

Po,

Yup, you caught another one. I think that was one that slipped by before the release date as we were aware of it. Still, good suggestion for the config file for when people add buttons.

Andrew

Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 02, 2001 05:15AM

I'd intended to do this in the original toolbar plugin, but afaik tooltip handling is a little tricky, so I never got around to finishing it (although, I confess, I didn't try very hard since I don't really care about the tooltips)

I'll take another look at this eventually, and see what I can muster up.

-- Jeff

Date: November 02, 2001 06:17AM

yeah, i don't think the tooltip thing is a big deal at the moment... the default buttons are pretty instantly intuitive. i'm just envisioning a slightly more hectic future, when people are writing plugins for k-meleon by the bushell.... or something. ;-)

--- po

Posted by: Brian
Date: November 02, 2001 07:43AM

The problem with tooltips right now is they are pulled from the resource files afaik, which means we can't read them from the config file.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 02, 2001 01:28PM

Brian and Jeff,

Can we at least get the rest of the buttons hooked up with the tips so that they are consistent?

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.